PDA

View Full Version : standard fold?

theBruiser500
02-21-2005, 08:24 PM
15/30 full game. one limper in ep i am in mp with KQo and raise, persn right behind me 3 bets, it is HU. flop is Qh 9h 6c, I checkraise he calls. turn is rag, i bet he raises i fold.

Bigdaddydvo
02-21-2005, 08:31 PM
The raise on the turn suggests that he doesn't respect your checkraise, leading me to believe that you were behind. There is the remote chance that he's semi-bluffing w/AhKh, however his play points towards an overpair or AQ. Despite the analysis, I'm not good enough to lay down top pair here. I probably curse and call this down.

TimTimSalabim
02-21-2005, 08:42 PM
If the guy has white hair, I fold. Otherwise, I call it down /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Edit: the serious answer is, it's very player-dependent. If I don't have a good read on the player, I'd probably call him down so I can get one.

RED_RAIN
02-21-2005, 08:51 PM
You don't have position on him, if he has a pocket pair 2s-Js that didn't hit a set, he's drawing to 2 outs. His ahead if he holds AQ. If he has AK or any other hand, he drawing slim to you. Why not just check/call him down, let him keep bluffing if he's behind, and not fold if you are ahead.

steveyz
02-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Your opponent may do this with a variety of hands, thinking that you may be on a flush/straight draw. I call this one down. You might also be chopping with another KQo. Unless I had a good read on my opponent I wouldn't lay it down.

steveyz
02-21-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have position on him, if he has a pocket pair 2s-Js that didn't hit a set, he's drawing to 2 outs. His ahead if he holds AQ. If he has AK or any other hand, he drawing slim to you. Why not just check/call him down, let him keep bluffing if he's behind, and not fold if you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line would be fine if your opponent is likely to laydown to a raise if he can't beat top pair. However, many opponents at the PP 15/30 will call down with many hands that hero is ahead of, including pocket pairs and Ax unimproved. Against such opponents, you are definitely miss bets if you just check call all the way (not to mention your opponent likely checks through the river).

obi---one
02-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Anyline that leads you to folding top pair heads up on the internet is a bad line.

theBruiser500
02-21-2005, 09:31 PM
an alternate line which seems good is check/calling flop and turn and then leading and folding to a raise on the river