PDA

View Full Version : Sucker's Commerce Trip Report

J.A.Sucker
02-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Gift of Gab and I went to Commerce for a couple of days.

We played too much poker.

It rained. A lot.

I played some 1-2 stud, and only won two hands that went beyond 5th st in 5.5 hours. I lost a little.

I played lots of 1-2 holdem. Game was great. I never booked a loser and won all the money. They didn't have a 2-4 game, nor any larger holdem only games, except my first night.

I need to learn badoogi(?) and triple draw. Maybe I should learn to spell them first.

Gabe plays good, even when I sweat him. Gabe is the man.

Mike l. is the man and the myth.

Michael Davis looks like he's 12, but seems like a good guy.

Gift of Gab is the world's worst-paid chauffer.

We didn't get robbed.

I have a piece of sh!t car.

theBruiser500
02-21-2005, 07:54 PM
you write like i do, nice trip report

bobbyi
02-21-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to learn badoogi(?) and triple draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's "padooki".

Josh W
02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the phone call / PM...sorry I couldn't make it...woulda been fun.

Oh, wait.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad you had a good trip...take the rain back to NorCal...

J

Ray Zee
02-21-2005, 11:22 PM
how would you know it rained

why play stud --you cant remember where we ate the night before how can you remember the out cards

stick with holdem in strange places. they dont know yet how easy it is to rob your blinds.

who but you doesnt know about your car

nolanfan34
02-22-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how would you know it rained

why play stud --you cant remember where we ate the night before how can you remember the out cards

stick with holdem in strange places. they dont know yet how easy it is to rob your blinds.

who but you doesnt know about your car

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ray Zee busts on your ass, you know you've made it. Awesome.

El Dukie
02-22-2005, 01:03 AM
You and Gabe wandered off before I really had a chance to say much. (Actually, I thought you guys were going to sweat me on one hand (QJs, which I 3-bet preflop and won uncalled on the river), but I turned back around afterwards and you were nowhere to be seen! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) Good to meet you, though! Glad to hear you did well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zeno
02-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Does the pot-limit game still go on ~ Thursday-Saturday?

I enjoyed your report, pithy and too the point with very little drivel. Ray Zee had to post some dribbling response but I'm going to overlook it. I feel good tonight so I'll cut him some slack.

-Zeno

Joe Tall
02-22-2005, 01:21 AM
I need to learn badoogi(?)

WTF is that 4-8 game? 4-cards down, 2-draws? I did a slow walk by to get a glimpse.

Nice report,
Joe Tall

mike l.
02-22-2005, 01:32 AM
it's padoogi or paduki and 2+2's own gabe plays it at an expert level. google it, it's awesome.

mike l.
02-22-2005, 01:34 AM
nice seeing you. i was joking when i said i hope you lose back all the money you won this weekend. im just bitter because im broke.

nice laughing over dinner though, glad i got to see you and meet gab. me and gabe will come up there when i have some money. tell el diablo to get his mask and outfit dry cleaned if he's able to make it out of hiding while we're there.

El Dukie
02-22-2005, 02:35 AM
Sounds like we need to have another SoCal 2+2 home game where we play 1/2 Padoogi, and Gabe conducts a short tutorial....

snakehead
02-22-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's "padooki".

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. it's badugi.

thatpfunk
02-22-2005, 09:51 AM
ok i googled all title and could find no rules... anyone want to expand?

bobbyi
02-22-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok i googled all title and could find no rules... anyone want to expand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if you google for paduki or badoogki or any other misspelling you won't find anything useful. If you google for the correct spelling of "padooki", the first hit is an article from pokerpages explaining the game (and there are several other hits that discuss it). Here's the pokerpages article: http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/players/steve-ruddock06.htm

snakehead
02-22-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the pokerpages article

[/ QUOTE ]

at the end, the author admits he doesn't know much about the game. otoh, we have many korean players here in la (the game is of korean origination) who have determined the correct spelling is badugi. I'll take their word over some pokerpages hack, or someone with limited knowledge such as yourself.

snakehead
02-22-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone want to expand?

[/ QUOTE ]

beleive me, you're better off not knowing.

J.A.Sucker
02-22-2005, 05:07 PM
I figured that the game is Korean, and knowing that, you are correct. I have taken some Korean, and there is both a soft P (more like a b, especially at the beginning of words), which isn't to be confused with the hard P sound, like "Piano." The confusing thing is that some english translators spell it with a "b" and others with "p". There is an "ah" sound, like the last syllable in "camera". The final point of contention is the last syllable, which is definately "gi", not "ki". Thus, preferred way to spell the game is "badugi", though it's not wrong to spell the game "padugi" in english.

J.A.Sucker
02-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Bitter mike l is a nicer guy than el diablo when flush with money. Glad that we got to have dinner - it was a great finish to the trip.

Getting the diablo out of his liar when you come up here should be a priority, though it may prove difficult. I may have to use the batphone.

Take care, mike l. and keep fighting.

J.A.Sucker
02-22-2005, 05:12 PM
You know, I knew that I forgot something important. I'll be down again soon, so fret not. I want to meet up with you in Hermosa and drink some beers on the roof at Hennessey's(sp?) while watching the beautiful ladies play volleyball in bikinis. None of that happened this weekend, since it rained.

Oh yeah, it's sunny and nice today up here, and expected to stay that way all week.

J.A.Sucker
02-22-2005, 05:15 PM
My memory is amazing for about 60 seconds, then it fades. Long enough for the stud hand to play out. I also wanted to play since I haven't gotten a chance to play it, and a seat was open. It's tiring, though, especially since things were moving pretty fast for me. Hold em was much more relaxing, and nobody was robbing my blinds. I had them all scared of me, believe it or not.

I still like my car, even though it's garbage. I may get a second one, though, so you won't be so mean to me about it.

J.A.Sucker
02-22-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you write like i do

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't.

[ QUOTE ]
nice trip report

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

bobbyi
02-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Are we really arguing about the spelling. This is so silly.

[ QUOTE ]
otoh, we have many korean players here in la (the game is of korean origination) who have determined the correct spelling is badugi.

[/ QUOTE ]
The game is of european origin and everyone everywhere in the world except for the small pool of koreans you have played with at the bike (I assume the bike) has determined that that is not the correct spelling. It doesn't matter as it is just a spelling issue and I'm sure you know a lot more about proper strategy in the game then I do and have probably played it a lot more than I have, but that really doesn't change the fact "padooki" is the much, much more widely-used spelling, as you could have verified in two seconds by using google or something similar. I have never seen or heard anyone other than the people you refer to spell it that way and there is no reason they get to "determine the correct spelling" anymore than they could start spelling "stud" with a q and proclaim that to now be how it is spelled. Yes, that is may be a more correct transliteration of how korean people pronounce it. It's silly for everyone who hangs around Koreans to declare that people who don't spell words as if they were pronounced by Koreans is wrong.

TylerD
02-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Definately called padooki in the UK.

Danielih
02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
They spell it with a B at the commerce but is is much more frequently spelled with a P. I played 75.150 BOTH. 200-400 PT, and 100200 BOTHRSS8Shlnoqualifer man the games are good.

Cheers