PDA

View Full Version : Stealing from the SB with 22 and low suited connectors

teddyFBI
02-21-2005, 06:00 PM
My blind-stealing and defense strategy needs a lot of work, and I think I'm giving up quite a few BB.

Party 15/30

Low pairs:
When it's folded around to me in the SB and I've got 22 or 33, I typically raise for value, figuring I'm only behind to higher pairs, but I've had a LOT of trouble playing these post-flop when the BB calls. Because barring a set on the flop, i'm typically staring at 3 overcards; i almost always lead out with a bet, but if the BB calls it, i'm completely lost.

Low suited connectors:
When it's folded around to me in the SB with something like 45s or 75s, I find myself completing rather than raising, folding to a BB PFR, betting a favorable flop, check-folding an unfavorable flop...i KNOW this has got to be the wrong way to play low suited connectors from the SB, but again, I'm pretty lost...sometimes I'll just muck them b/c I feel like I'm so bad at playing 2 low cards out of position.

teddyFBI
02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
bump - anyone want to give me a hand?

BusterStacks
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
A lot of times I bet/fold the turn, and check behind the river.

NMcNasty
02-21-2005, 11:14 PM
22 and 33 are much better than the suited connectors heads up. Basically you should keep betting out including the river until you either see multiple high cards, you are raised, or there is a call on a board with little or no draws. Checking the river when you get called on the turn is bad because you are missing a value bet against unimproved AT on up and you lose your chances of getting a slightly better hand to fold.

With suited connectors you can't play your hand nearly as aggressively, although I would still recommend a preflop raise and a bet on the flop provided that your opponent is passive. Whether or not to bet on the turn unimproved is up to you and heavily depends on both your opponent and your table image. Generally you just have to give it up if you miss.