PDA

View Full Version : ok...my thoughts on the new format...

bernie
09-07-2002, 03:28 PM
i figured i'd ring in since ive given enough time to grow accustomed to it...

at first...i hated it. but after tinkering with it....

i like it.

i thought the flags for the 'new' posts were gone..not so. how happy i was to see the red numbers indicating new posts.

for us dial up people...and since im one of em, i can say, dial up blows, this is actually faster loading than the old one because of the collapsable threads. it helps cut some time.

a couple things to maybe add...if i may... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif *ahem*

since you put in the 'instant graemlins' why not also add instant pips? say an icon for a club, spade, heart, and diamond to use in the posts to make it easier to get an idea of the board. or is it already there? im still checking....put a hold on that one unless you know... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

probably just me, but ive screwed up a few posts by misreads. of course, slowing down my reading may help, but i dont want to blame myself this time.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif heh heh

but it did seem like a nobrainer to add.

how about doing away with the index on the side? you have one already, why keep 2?

i also think its cool on the new stuff found that the moderators and others find. it really does get a sense that we're all kind of learning the new thing together. very cool.

so there....that's my story....

haave a good one....

b

GrannyMae
09-07-2002, 03:38 PM
at first...i hated it. but after tinkering with it....

FINALLY, a REAL man!! i'm was growing sooo weary of all the wussys!! good for you giving it time bernie..

try this to get rid of the left index
click here and POOF, the left index will be gone!! (http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/ubbthreads.php)

finally, if you find that the red brackets indicating new posts are gone, don't panic. enter a thread, then use the "index" tab to return to the main forum and they will be there.. for some reason, when i enter the forum for my first time of the day they do not appear, but going in, then "indexing" back out always works..

also, remember you can NEVER use too many of these /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

bernie
09-07-2002, 03:52 PM
too cool...
thanks for the left index annhialator<- i know i spelled it wrong, but my dictionary's out of reach...and well, im lazy

ciao...

b