PDA

View Full Version : For the other people in atlanta...

peachy
02-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Most of the rest of u wont get any of this...but if u have ever lived here or do...all these things r about 100% true

http://www.atlabama.com/Atlanta.htm

i spit my water out on the pollen comment
the traffic one is far too true LOL
and the peachtree st and coke comments had me laughin sooooo hard!!!

and the airport comment....200% TRUE!!

Alobar
02-21-2005, 04:22 PM
you go girl!

Evan
02-21-2005, 04:24 PM
I read most of that and now I am sad.

Alobar
02-21-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read most of that and now I am sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

sucker!

Evan
02-21-2005, 04:29 PM
haha, maybe. I don't get what the funny part was. I read "The airport is big, there's a lot of smog, traffic sucks, blah blah."

ClaytonN
02-21-2005, 04:30 PM
It's all true. I'm 18 and have lived in Metro Atlanta area all my life.

You will literally hear radio and TV advertisements that say "such and such as 1 mile south of the big chicken"

Pepsi does not exist, except at Taco Bell

If you have allergies, don't come here. Seriously.

Plus, our road system is one of the worst ever. There are no grid systems, just lots of winding roads that change names every two miles. A mapquest nightmate.

And every other road is named Peachtree.

Rob Blackburn
02-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Ya ain't lived life until ya used directions that include The Big Chicken at least once.

I agree that the soda of Atlanta is Coke, but everyone knows the true drink of Atlanta is SWEET TEA! It ain't sweet unless it rots ya teeth.

I actually loved every minute I lived there, traffic included.

slickpoppa
02-21-2005, 04:33 PM
I once had a roommate from Atlanta who would go through a about gallon of coke a day. I hope that mother f*cker loses his teeth by age 40.

Shajen
02-21-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
traffic sucks, blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does suck. Horribly. I've driven in LA, DC, Houston, Dallas, and Chicago.

Nothing compares to the giant festering boil that is Atlanta traffic.

I'm convinced it's because of two things:

1) shoddy roadway design.

2) Atlanta is a transient city, tons of people have moved here in the last 10 years. Regionally, people drive differently. They all mix together here.

Combine 1 and 2 with a healthy fear of rain and icy conditions and you have Atlanta.

Not to mention almost 5 million assholes driving on the roads these days.

Evan
02-21-2005, 04:42 PM
I live in NY, its pretty bad here. Not to mention that even if I did live in a place with traffic that didn't measure up I wouldn't think that bad traffic was particularly humorus.

Ulysses
02-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Not funny.

underaged
02-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I lived there up until 2 years ago when I moved to so.cal. One thing they forgot to mention is that in summer it's 95 degrees with 131259% humidity. In the winter it's like 20 degrees.

You can't go anywhere fun with your friends without driving at least 30 minutes.

People not only give you directions based on Peachtree street, they look at you like an idiot when you don't really get their backward ass directions.

peachy
02-21-2005, 04:57 PM
i SAID it wouldnt be funny for those who had never lived here, its so funny to me b/c its so silly but its SO true, and we have the WORST traffic in the nation for i dont even know how many years running now - part of that problem is noone carpools, everyone must have thier "own" car, but god i LOVE THIS CITY!

hehe so true on the sweet tea thing...i was appalled they dont have it ouside the south!!

mmbt0ne
02-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm from Peachtree City, and live off of Peachtree Parkway. My subdivision is lined with Bradford pear trees. That always confused me.

Evan
02-21-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

hehe so true on the sweet tea thing...i was appalled they dont have it ouside the south!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't the fact they they also don't have southern people make up for it?

Alobar
02-21-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
haha, maybe. I don't get what the funny part was. I read "The airport is big, there's a lot of smog, traffic sucks, blah blah."

[/ QUOTE ]

there was no funny part....I meant you were a sucker for actually reading the whole thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tek
02-21-2005, 07:05 PM
My brother lives in atlanta and I've been there many times. That stuff is all true!

And I like how you can drive down one street and all of a sudden you are on another street without turning /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ulysses
02-21-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i SAID it wouldnt be funny for those who had never lived here

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that part correct. But it's also not very funny even to those of us who have lived there.

gojacketz
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Traffic sucks here if you live north, northeast or northwest. But there are always ways around it - like flex hours.

The road I live on changes names at a traffic light for no apparent reason - and only goes on for another 1/4 mile.

It is hot, humid and sticky in the summer, but you will never complain about it again if you ever go to New Orleans in the summer.

The wife works at Coke, so I can't even drink Gatorade, grrrrrr. Unless I am in Tunica, then I live off of Gatorade.

I have been to a lot of airports, and though it gets crowded, Hartsfield is a lot better off than most. Ever tried to get through O'Hare in a hurry? Good luck.

The pollen here is horrendous. I am moving to Arizona someday, or maybe Vegas.

Gojacketz