PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu

onegymrat
02-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Commerce live. Table is soft and full.

Hand 1: I limp after two limpers in LP with A /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Button calls as does SB. BB, who is some annoying "walker" woman who is playing her first hand. She is annoyed that dealer didn't give her her option, stops the game. She checks her cards and raises. All call. Six to the flop.

FLOP: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks. Woman bets. Folded to me who raises. Folded to woman who reraises. I 4-bet. She 5-bets. Oops. I call. Headsup.

TURN: not a /images/graemlins/club.gif

She bets. I call.

RIVER: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

She bets...

Hand 2: Less than two orbits later...UTG limps. I limp UTG1 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Three more limpies. BB raises. All call. Six to the flop.

FLOP: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me. I bet. All fold to BB who raises. I 3-bet. He 4-bets. I call. Headsup.

TURN: J /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets. I raise. He calls.

RIVER: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks...

Please comment on both.

rmarotti
02-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Hand 1 looks fine. Bet the river on hand 2, call a raise.

steveyz
02-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Hand 1 is tough. It's a huge pot so I probably call the river in case she's getting frisky with something like JT clubs or AQ.

Hand 2 I probably bet as there's more combo's of AK available (6) than AA(1) or KK(3). However, you will get check-raised with the boat which you'll probably have to call unless you have a great read. So you'd lose 2 BB less often than you win 1 BB, but a bet might be -EV. In any case it's really close and I wouldn't be able to fault you for either play.

Michael Davis
02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
You should flop more hands where you have top pair and a flush draw.

-Michael

TStoneMBD
02-21-2005, 04:16 PM
1:call
2:uh..bet?

Fianchetto
02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Hand#1
You are heads up on the river in a good sized pot and even though you only have a small chance of winning your hand doesn't have to be good that often to make a call right. Call.

Hand#2
Bet the river and call a raise.

Gabe
02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Hand 1: Call and expect to lose more often than not.
Hand 2: Bet and call if raised.

onegymrat
02-21-2005, 05:47 PM
I am pleasantly surprised to see that everyone agreed on what I eventually did. The results of Hand 1 really affected my thinking in Hand 2, though I know it shouldn't, since each case in independent of each other.

Hand 1: I was beat and I knew it, but something compelled me to call anyway like a schmuck. Woman had a set of kings and my two pair is no good.

Hand 2: I gritted my teeth and bet, because that was the correct thing to do. BB showed AKo and my flush was good.

Thanks for the replies.

JasonP530
02-21-2005, 07:25 PM
4 betting the flop in hand one is ridiculous.

SA125
02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Call. Bet. Those were my choices. I admit to looking at the results before posting.

onegymrat
02-21-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to be honest and say that I did so mainly because I really dislike her. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheWorstPlayer
02-21-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to be honest and say that I did so mainly because I really dislike her. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I always give money to people I dislike also. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif