PDA

View Full Version : Quick Seat.exe ???

dfscott
02-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Has anyone seen/tried this program? It got advertised in the PP chat (which is already two strikes against it). However, it purports to allow you to select a seat rapidly at a SnG. I always seem to get snaked on these (not a fast enough clicker, I guess), and once you miss a seat, you usually don't have time to grab another before the table fills and now I have to wait for the next round of tables to be generated. Not a big deal, but definitely an annoyance.

However, I'm not comfortable installing an exe from an unknown website to my computer (it's just called setup.exe, so who knows what it is).

And the website where it's located gives some pretty crazy advice:

"If you have $100 in your Party Poker.com account, you shouldn't play for more than $20 ($20+$2) on a single table tournament or (Sit and Go). Each time you win you should move up to the next level of play. So if you started playing a $20 single table tournament, you should play a $30 or $50 if you win. If you lose, you should stick to the 20% rule. In this case you would be down to $78. Since 20% of $78 is $15.60 and there are no games for that price, you could either play one more $20+$2 game (a little above our recommendations) or go down to a $10+1 game. Should you decide to risk a little more than we suggest and play the $20+$2, if you win, play either another $20+$2 or a $30+$3. However, if you lose, you certainly need to go back to the $10+$1 as your bankroll would now be at $56 to start. Following these rules will help you to maximize the trends."

And this gem:

"The Hot And Cold Seats: As in any poker game, many times there may be, a hot seat, a cold seat, or a few of each. Although this may often be just a coincidence, it may be beneficial online to check a few tables before you jump on a table. If you look at 10 tables in progress, notice their stack size. Try to get a seat that looks good. If it does nothing but make you feel confident, your chances of winning are better if your optimistic."

Edit: and it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: I'm not associated with this website or this program -- I'm honestly trying to get info here.

eastbay
02-21-2005, 03:28 PM
I'd back away slowly based on what you posted.

eastbay

stupidsucker
02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

More like run away.....

The program may be sound, and it sounds like a very very simple program too. Why risk a trojan for a simple task though.

As for the poker advice... Its just what I want to see anyways. These programmers arent claiming to make you a good poker player, only to make you get a seat faster.

Im telling you all now that the advertising in the chat is getting out of hand. I made a post about this before and no one cares now. It should be nipped in the bud, and it would be so easy to do so.

I think party makes themselves look bad by allowing this to go on. I need a team to make a new poker site. I have a vision!!!!

1C5
02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Are you posting this to make fun of them or you are actually considering buying that crap? If it is B, I have some magic beans to sell you...

dfscott
02-21-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you posting this to make fun of them or you are actually considering buying that crap? If it is B, I have some magic beans to sell you...

[/ QUOTE ]

It started as b), although it's free so it's not a "buying" issue. However, after reading their website, I posted it more for the humor value...

dfscott
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the poker advice... Its just what I want to see anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I'm loving it -- they highly recommend Hellmuth's book.

dfscott
02-21-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think that's prudent. I actually went to the d/l page, d/l'ed it, thought a minute, went back to the site and read the gems I posted above, and decided to delete the download.

However, I hope a lot of people go to that site and follow the advice on moving up -- could soften up the higher limits significantly (until they go broke).