PDA

View Full Version : Folded top pair + outside str8 flush draw

Falker11
02-21-2005, 03:14 PM
setting home game half the people have no clue, other half are decent players.

.25/.5 blinds

hero dealt Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif MP1

UTG has $2.00 left after a beat last hand and moves in blind.
UTG +1 calls
UTG +2 calls
hero calls
MP2 calls
button calls
both blinds call
Flop($14) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
checked to me and I check because I see the player right behind me preparing to bet and I will go for the check raise.
MP2 bets for $15 (he has $75 left, I have him covered)
fold to who Button moves in for $40
folded to me

so much for my plan. both MP2 and button are solid players and the button is pretty tight for the most part. I start to try to figure out which of my outs are still good. I figure someone may have a flush which would severly cramp my odds to win the hand. If im up against a set or 2-pair im a favorite. against a smaller flush I am about a 2.3-1 dog. Against a higher flush I am drawing two outs (if they are not already in the hand that is beating me).
I decided to toss my hand in the muck after having clock called on me. What do you think?
results (for the curious souls out there):
<font color="white">
MP2 calls and shows 9c Tc for bottom 2
Butotn shows 3h 6h for a flush
blanks fall on the turn and river
</font>

Falker

maldini
02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
you had someone put the clock on you in a home game? pretty hardcore. i think i would become nasty after that move. reminds me of those pusses that called alot of fouls while playing 3v3 basketball for fun.

i vote fold. you've got little in the pot and the player that likes the flop acting after you and no fold equity.

BobboFitos
02-21-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to toss my hand in the muck after having clock called on me. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a clock in your home game? Thats brut

BobboFitos
02-21-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you had someone put the clock on you in a home game? pretty hardcore. i think i would become nasty after that move. reminds me of those pusses that called alot of fouls while playing 3v3 basketball for fun.

i vote fold. you've got little in the pot and the player that likes the flop acting after you and no fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah my thoughts too maldini

about 3v3; I had one friend who always did that. wow, what a bitch.

Falker11
02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Haha yeah well I was taking a while to make my decition because I haven't had to make one quite like this before. My main concern in the hand was the person yet to act behind me who could have put a nice dent in my stack.
Falker

TheWorstPlayer
02-21-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah my thoughts too maldini

about 3v3; I had one friend who always did that. wow, what a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to play with a guy who called traveling violations. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

@OP: Good, disciplined laydown. Not sure I would have made it. GAMBOOOOOL.

DrPublo
02-21-2005, 07:11 PM
This hand really never should have happened. Don't call preflop. The pot is going to be big and everyone at the table is going to want it. QJo just isn't good enough in this spot IMO because more often than not you're going to have to play for the pot with a shaky holding.

The Doc

TheWorstPlayer
02-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh, that is another good point that I was going to mention. I mean, let's look at this hand. Really, I think other than flopping the nuts, this is the ideal flop. And you STILL have to fold it. What a crappy starting hand.

Falker11
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah I dont disagree with the crappyness of QJo as a starting hand. I'm not going to give my rational for playing it, I probably shouldn't have. Pretty funny concept that I have to fold for this perfect flop, good point.
Falker