PDA

View Full Version : Caesars IN 10/20 hand

Bigdaddydvo
02-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Arghhhhhh, I'm still kicking myself for how I played this. The BB just sat down an orbit ago. I didn't notice too much other than that he didn't seem too out of line.

Folded to Dvo in MP3 who limps w/J /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Button calls, SB folds, BB raises, me and button both call.

Flop:K /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, Dvo calls, Button calls.

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Dvo bets, Button calls, BB calls

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, Dvo bets, Button calls, BB raises, Dvo folds, button folds.

My analysis: A terrible time to slowplay since there were 2 spades on the board...I got greedy and hoped to get a turn raise in. Villian slowed down on 4th ST so my bet was obviously correct. With the river, I think I made an awful value bet if I wasn't going to call a raise. Do I go ahead and pay this off? I know with 11.5 Big bets I need to be right less than %10 of the time...but with the button calling, I thought there was no way my straight was good. Thanks for the thoughts.

onegymrat
02-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Hi Dvo,

I would prefer a raise here on the flop. There is just too much chance for your straight to getting counterfeited and you would have to chop. The flushies and AK types will come along anyway. The pot is good and there is no sense in slowplaying. Get the money in while they are still around to do so.

Regardless of how you played this, the runner-runner was coming anyway. But that doesn't mean that you should not have played this flop stronger. The river bet was horrible. BB probably turned a monster and slowplayed it himself. Sorry about the results.

TStoneMBD
02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
raise preflop
raise the flop

i commend you for the river bet, even tho its not a good one. i suppose you were hoping to get called by ace high or pocket jacks or something. its better to valuebet too often than to not value bet often enough.

Victor
02-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Not raising is preflop is a fairly large mistake.

Obviously, you should raise the flop due to the texture which gives many draws or pairs.

I hate folding on the river with any sort of value but this is a good fold here. There is very little chance he is checkraising two opponents without the goods.

As an aside. How is the poker room at Caesar's? What limits do they spread and how often?

SA125
02-21-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folded to Dvo in MP3 who limps w/J Q

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop
raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

Bigdaddydvo
02-21-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folded to Dvo in MP3 who limps w/J Q

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

raise preflop
raise the flop

Agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically do raise with this hand here, probably 80% of the time. At this point in the game, I had been raising PF probably 90% of the hands I entered. The limp was mainly for the sake of varying my play. Additionally, QJs is a great multiway hand, so I didn't particularly mind some players trailing in.

A flop raise, yeah I can't much argue against it. Any more comments on the river?

Oh yeah, I don't know how to do multiple quotes here, if someone could enlighten me.