PDA

View Full Version : Two problems with a short stack.

suited_ace
02-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Here it goes:

1. With how many BB do you go into all-in or fold mode? When there's antes, do you calculate a BB to be 2/3 of the pot?

2. Do you try to steal the blinds with about 15BB when the BB is 150 or more?

Sam T.
02-21-2005, 02:31 PM
My 2c.:

1. With 10-13BB, depending on the table, how much I want to go to bed, how far we are from the money, pay-out structure, and such-like. Hadn't thought about the ante issue. I should.

2. Depends on what you mean by "steal". When short-stacked, I'm extremely reluctant to steal with complete cheese. Also depends on the size of the stacks I'm stealing from, and how willing they are to defend.

suited_ace
02-21-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on what you mean by "steal". When short-stacked, I'm extremely reluctant to steal with complete cheese. Also depends on the size of the stacks I'm stealing from, and how willing they are to defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

By steal I mean with any 2 cards. What cards are good enough for you to try it in this spot? I'm usually trying to steal from the guys with 12 - 16BB that didn't show me a lot of willingness to defend their blinds.

Sam T.
02-21-2005, 03:15 PM
The fewer chips you have, the less they're worth, so I guess if I'm stealing with 15BB, I'm going to want cards that don't need a miracle flop to be playable; I don't want a call, but I won't throw up if I get one. I'd include suited connectors 76 and up, JT and up unsuited, pretty much any pocket pair, etc. (Obviously if called in the blinds and they check, I'll bet my 76s into a K32 flop. I tighten up, but not to the point of paralysis.)

Crap like J2o goes in the muck, and I look to steal from the CO on the next hand.