PDA

View Full Version : First day at true micro

just2pimp
02-21-2005, 02:13 PM
well im starting my first day today at micro...i can already feel the rush of a large again that kind of started to dwindle at .05/.10 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What are the suggestions for table selection minimum vpip, pfr etc?

I opened up 4 tables let them sit for about 30 minutes and picked the one with what thought were the juciest? stats...is that good enough? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

KingOtter
02-21-2005, 02:27 PM
What site are you playing? What are you using to decide what tables are the juiciest? You just moved up to which stakes, .25/.50? .50/1?

On the sites where I'm doing the best I choose the best VP%IP I can get. It takes a while to find one on Party, I'm noticing.

KO

guitarhero14
02-21-2005, 02:28 PM
check his location /images/graemlins/smile.gif

__Q__
02-21-2005, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about table selection at the .05/.10 level. Just get in there and play your best poker. The competition is gonna be weak at this level no matter what, and if you do happen to get in a tougher than normal game, well then thats just good practice. I would instead focus on figuring out who were the tight players and who are the loose ones and play accordingly. Then add in another table or two when you get more comfortable.

just2pimp
02-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Sorry i'm a terrible noob poster...

I just moved from pacific .05/.10 to Party .50/1 today.

Im using poker tracker + gametime+ to pick tables...

guitarhero14
02-21-2005, 02:55 PM
You'll do just fine. I am curious about a few things, how long did you stay at .05/.1? Did you build up your BR for .5/1 with your .05/.1 winnings?

just2pimp
02-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Ive been at .05/.1 for a little over a month I think. I didnt really keep track. I started with the $10 free deposit at pacific and have worked that up to a little over $70. Did the InstantBankroll offer from pokersource so they gave me the $75 at party.

This posts another question...obvious answer

Currently I have a bankroll of 125 with half at party half at pacific still. Should I wait till i have to proper bankroll to begin? I wanted to try and at least clear the 25 extra bonus at party before it expired am I risking too much without having the 300BB?

guitarhero14
02-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Last week I recieved $50 on party, THAT night I completed the $25 bonus and was only down 3BB. It is do-able.

just2pimp
02-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Well assuming I can clear it and be even ill be at 100 at party and the more I read the more that is a no-no to play .5/1

should I move this over to pstars or some other site that offers .25/50 and work it up that way? I really hate pacifics software with no hand histories because all I know is that i've won money I cant really see if im truely a winning player

guitarhero14
02-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I am pretty sure pacific has HH, second I cashed out right when I completed the bonus. I wouldnt move up just yet, ps is a good site that is where I play. I have not played the .25/.5 games on PS but I heard they are harder than .5/1 on PP. If you have the $300 I would go to PP, if not I think PS will be fine to build your BR.

NigelTufnel
02-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I think the Pokerstars .25/.50 would be a good option. It is too commonplace to have a 50BB downturn at .5/1 that would endanger your bankroll and your confidence, even if you are a winning player.

I would agree with Guitarhero though, that if you can scrape up some more dough, the Party .5/1 is the promised land.

topspin
02-21-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure pacific has HH

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific does not. They have a hand replay feature kind of like the one in Pokertracker, but no easy way to get that data off their site and into (say) Pokertracker.

guitarhero14
02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure pacific has HH

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific does not. They have a hand replay feature kind of like the one in Pokertracker, but no easy way to get that data off their site and into (say) Pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks, thank you for correcting me.

smiely
02-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Pokerstars .25/.50 is a very good stepping stone to Party .50/1, I think. I started out at Stars .02/.04 with $10, moved up to .05/.10 because .02/.04 played too much like play money, built up to $50 and took a "leap of faith" to .25/.50. Playing shortrolled like that is dangerous; luckily, I had built up to about $100 before my first major (almost 100BB) downswing. Your best bet is to move to PS, play .25/.50 till you build up to $200, then move to Paradise Poker with that $200 and get their sign-up bonus with that. They have .25/.50 there too, I believe, if you want to continue moving up more slowly and carefully. After clearing that bonus, you should be rolled for .50/1. I'm almost to the point of making that move myself... by the end of the month, hopefully. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chaz64
02-21-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last week I recieved $50 on party, THAT night I completed the $25 bonus and was only down 3BB. It is do-able.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is doable. I took Instant Bankroll's $75 and after I cleared the $25 bonus my account was at $225. But I attribute this to a good run of cards and poor opponents, I could easily have lost it all.

If you do work it up at Stars and then switch over to Paradise be sure to use the "Granny" code rather than their standard first deposit bonus.

BatsShadow
02-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm putting in free advertising everywhere I can get it...

Pacific support for PokerTracker is coming, courtesy of some cool add-on software I wrote and a few patches to PokerTracker. Keep your eyes open.

smiely
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
be sure to use the "Granny" code rather than their standard first deposit bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, yeah, that was the bonus I meant. My mistake.

flopwell
02-21-2005, 07:03 PM
what is "Instant Bankroll"??

tytygoodnuts
02-21-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm moving to the party skins pretty soon and I have a few questions.
How exactly do you "watch" tables with PT auto-importing hands? This seems to be a very valuable thing to do before you choose a table(s).
Also when we discuss VP%IP, is that referring to just preflop or all streets? Thanks guys.

just2pimp
02-21-2005, 07:45 PM
to watch a table simply open up the table
open your PT autoimport
then click the configure import of observed hands and add the party poker folder

then open gametime+ is what i use
and add one of the players sitting at the table...all the stats for that table will come in as PT imports the hands

As for the instant bankroll

www.instantbankroll.com (http://www.instantbankroll.com) is available to anyone who hasnt used party poker before. they give you a free 75 deposit and 25 more after 500 raked hands. feel free to put SupaBill as your referall if you check it out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i've read a few posts that suggests the weekend are fishier...should I wait till the weekends to ensure the fishiest opponents and safest clearing or is it not that much different?