PDA

View Full Version : Story from Potawatomi

mblax10
02-21-2005, 01:41 PM
I spent all day yesterday playing 5-10 at Potawatomi in Milwaukee. Nothing real noteworthy other than going home about even after being stuck $350. However, I did hear this sick story that happened Saturday night.

This hand happened at the highest table that was being dealt Saturday (probably 20-40 + full kill, but I'm not sure). Eventually over $4000 is in the pot. Player A has the winning hand, he stands up excited and fires his cards face up on the middle of the table. There's a mountain of chips on the table and one of the player's cards bounces of the pile of chips, flips over and lands face down in the muck.

The floor is called and finally rules to take Player A's card out of the muck and awards him the pot. Obviously the losing player gets pissed and apparently most of the other players at the table agreed with him that the hand hit the much and should be dead.

The player awarded the pot was a regular in the game, and the losing player was an unknown which I believe is also relevant. I don't play at Potawatomi often, but it seems every time I go I either witness or hear a story about poor management in the room. Unfortunatley, it's the only game around and usually plays very soft.