PDA

View Full Version : party poker misclicks

SCfuji
02-21-2005, 01:36 PM
for those that play on party,

you all know how post-flop before it is your action, there are usually around six smaller boxes with actions that you can click? and then when it becomes your turn you get three big boxes?

the small "check" box is in the same vicinity as the button that turns into the big "call" box if somebody acting before you bets. and if you happen to go to click the small "check" box right after the person before you bets, you will end up clicking the big "call" box and pissing away a lot of money on a worthless pot.

i will be writing a letter to party with some ideas on how to get rid of this misclick risk without hindering gameplay. if you have any ideas or have encountered this problem, then please write to party.

thanks,
fuji.

Freakin
02-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Easy solution: don't use anything but the fold checkbox if you're going to use them

If you're gonna check, just wait until your turn so you don't make it so obvious that you're waiting for your turn to fold. This is especially true from the BB.

Freakin

Evan
02-21-2005, 01:53 PM
You can click "Fold to any bet".

Freakin
02-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Thats the box on the very left, correct? Does that basically act as an auto check/fold? Does it turn itself off after the hand, or is it persistent?

Freakin

SCfuji
02-21-2005, 02:08 PM
it resets after every hand. this seems like a good option.

cnfuzzd
02-21-2005, 03:12 PM
always raise. Easy solution.

peace

john nickle

ThePimpulator
02-21-2005, 04:46 PM
It will reset at the end of the hand. Note, if the *round* gets checked through, and you improve with the next card such that you want to stay in, you will need to uncheck the box or you'll still c/f.

ThePimpulator
02-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Wow, there's a few things that piss me off about the party software. How about the software remembering where you last closed the "notes" box and the HH box.

Also, how come one has to click three times for an action to register sometimes? Something to do with another window being highlighted I guess but it strikes me there must be some way to reduce the number of clicks.

There's also a minor bug where if you click auto-fold just as someone is raising, the auto fold doesnt register.

It could of course help if the table details were up to date when looking at the lobby window. Percentage to the flop would also help obviously.

GuyOnTilt
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Also, how come one has to click three times for an action to register sometimes? Something to do with another window being highlighted I guess but it strikes me there must be some way to reduce the number of clicks.

Tweak UI, X-Mouse.

GoT

JinX11
02-21-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Tweak UI, X-Mouse.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Explainiate, pls.

ethan
02-21-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tweak UI, X-Mouse.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Explainiate, pls.

[/ QUOTE ] google explains goot. (http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=tweak+ui). x-mouse is crucial if you're going to be multitabling.