PDA

View Full Version : The Los Angeles Area Emergency

MelK
02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Hi, I live here in sunny Southern California, I don't have much experience with this stuff called rain, and I was hoping to get some answers to my questions:

I see that rain is falling down from a height greater than the tallest buildings. Doesn't that mean if a drop hits you in the head it will go through you like a penny dropped from a tall building?

Is it true that rain contains acid? Is my hair going to slowly burn away if I let the rain get it wet?

When driving in the stuff, how do car tires "hold" onto the road? Shouldn't I be sliding all over the place?

I have my earthquake safety kit, do you recommend I take it with me if I venture into this bombardment of water?

I have several places I should go to today. Should I risk it and go out into this storm, or should I just be safe and stay inside?

Thanks in advance for your advice on dealing with this emergency situation. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

andyfox
02-21-2005, 01:26 PM
It is amazing what a big deal we make of rain out here, isn't it? Top story on the news.

Having said that, though, you have to admit this is our second dose of monsoon-like conditions this winter.

"Is my hair going to slowly burn away if I let the rain get it wet?"

If you met me, you'd know the answer.

Broken Glass Can
02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
The failure of Angelenos to vote for God's chosen Presidential candidate could have something to do with the coming of the rain /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Locusts may be next. /images/graemlins/grin.gif