PDA

View Full Version : The 2+2 stock market forum is awesome

Paluka
02-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Seriously that forum is pure gold. 98/100 on the unintentional comedy scale. Check out the "going for the gold" thread.

NotMitch
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously that forum is pure gold. 98/100 on the unintentional comedy scale. Check out the "going for the gold" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great stuff. His poker knowledge and market knowledge seem to be about equal.

lucas9000
02-21-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
unlimitless

[/ QUOTE ]

comedy plutonium.

Evan
02-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I made 3 or 4 posts there a few months ago in one of the funniest threads I've ever read. That forum rules.

lucas9000
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
omg thank you for bringing that up...this is classic stuff

[ QUOTE ]
I really think my experience in poker is what sets me apart. I'm sure there are some day traders that are poker players. There hasn't been an explosion in daytrading like there has in poker. So I would assume most daytraders were trading before the poker explosion, therefore meaning they were trading before they ever played poker. Therefore meaning they had no poker skillz to apply to trading. Poker teaches disciplin and a tight aggressive style. I believe that is exactly what is needed to do well in trading. Psycology is also a big part, you need to figure how people will react to certain news releases, and decipher them.

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34
02-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I'd probably find it funny if I understood what the heck you guys are talking about. But the stuff I could figure out was funny!

pshreck
02-21-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That thread shows how self-confidence can be a bad, bad thing.

cardcounter0
02-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Can anyone explain how a 23 year old who runs a lawn service in the summer and makes an average of $2500 a month playing poker in the winter, can get a 40k home equity loan?
He must have started cutting grass at a very early age.

pshreck
02-21-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone explain how a 23 year old who runs a lawn service in the summer and makes an average of $2500 a month playing poker in the winter, can get a 40k home equity loan?
He must have started cutting grass at a very early age.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why oh why do people call mowing lawns, lawn service. This was the cool thing kids did in highschool. You freaking mow lawns, call it that.

edtost
02-21-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now I got to a top 10 finance school and for the life of me I couldn't tell you what part of that graph suggests that I should be buying at 89. All I see is a big ass tic-tac-toe game where "x" appears to be kicking the crap out of "o". Welcome to technical analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

offTopic
02-21-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the OP is a troll (but the thread is still pretty funny).

Paluka
02-21-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was showing too much effort to be a troll. If he is one, he is a damn good one.

IndieMatty
02-22-2005, 12:29 PM
hahaahahahahahaa...I love the total ignorance of Market Data.

pokerjo22
02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the OP IS a troll, then after El D's contribution that whole thread is playing on so many levels it makes my head spin.

gvibes
02-22-2005, 12:41 PM
I try to be an occasional voice of reason on there (mostly pimping Vanguard index funds and diversified portfolios), but that forum is mostly full of crap.

lucas9000
02-22-2005, 12:52 PM
i think el d has established his pwnership of 2+2 with his performance in that thread.

IndieMatty
02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think el d has established his pwnership of 2+2 with his performance in that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer
02-22-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I try to be an occasional voice of reason on there (mostly pimping Vanguard index funds and diversified portfolios), but that forum is mostly full of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck. It's like convincing 80% of Americans that they all cannot be above average drivers.

Ulysses
02-22-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the OP IS a troll, then after El D's contribution that whole thread is playing on so many levels it makes my head spin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a discussion w/ Paluka re: this before posting in that thread and we both felt there was a high possibility that the original poster is a troll. However, we agreed that if so, it's a brilliant troll, most especially his contention that he is a badass poker player dominating for $30/hr (mind you, NOT $50/hr) 3-tabling 15/30. His responses to me are either the product of an incredibly keen intellect or someone dumber than dirt.

Boris
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh christ. Wickedgoodtrader is making me cry. He is definitely a brilliant satirist.

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't appear to have legs... dumped it at .0215 for a 7.5% gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
02-22-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His responses to me are either the product of an incredibly keen intellect or someone dumber than dirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful!

offTopic
02-22-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a discussion w/ Paluka re: this before posting in that thread and we both felt there was a high possibility that the original poster is a troll. However, we agreed that if so, it's a brilliant troll, most especially his contention that he is a badass poker player dominating for $30/hr (mind you, NOT $50/hr) 3-tabling 15/30. His responses to me are either the product of an incredibly keen intellect or someone dumber than dirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I give people too much credit, but when someone on an internet message board appears to be that oblivious, I tend to think they're doing it on purpose.

In fact, before you engaged him, I thought it might've been you...or maybe it is, and you're talking to yourself. Whatever. Carry on.

jakethebake
02-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Dear God, El D! I just read the rest of your posts. I bet you pull the wings off butterflies too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tek
02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really think my experience in poker is what sets me apart. I'm sure there are some day traders that are poker players. There hasn't been an explosion in daytrading like there has in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I must have been dreaming in the 90's. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif