PDA

View Full Version : Hand Critique from yesterdays PS $200 - What would you do?

Poker Jon
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi All,

Background

Tight table, early on in the tournament. No massive stacks. Everyone playing ABC poker. I have the same table image as the rest.

Blinds 25/50, I have 2400, oponent in question has 2250.

I am in SB with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

2 limpers followed by buttons min raise to 100. I call as does BB and limpers. 5 to the pot.

Flop:

10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to raiser who bets 300. I call (hoping to keep others in) but all fold.

Turn is 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Now have straight flush draw.

Your move please?

Cheers in advance

Jon

runnerunner
02-21-2005, 12:46 PM
I would push. Pretty tough to put him on a ten. His pot size bet is pretty standard on a ragged flop when he was the raiser. The only hand you are in danger of being dead to is 88. He won't call with a bigger flush draw, so I would probably push here, representing a 10 that doesn't want to see a river.

schwza
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
there's 1100 in the middle, and he has 1850 left.

part fo me wants to push, as it wouldn't be a disaster to get called, and it's pretty likely that he'll have to fold. it would even be tough for him to call AA in that spot. the problem is, i'm not sure that's a plausible bluff, so he might make a tough call with a hand like JJ. i certainly wouldn't stop-and-go push there with a T. if he has no pair (which i think is pretty likely) then of course he'll have to fold, which would be a great result for you.

i'd check. if he bets small, push. if he checks behind, great, bet regardless of the river. if he bets bigger, call. (you're about 1/3 to hit, lose some cause you hit and lose, gain a little or for implied odds, so i'd call up to about 950). and if it's too big, obviously fold.

Sam T.
02-21-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm going to vote for a check-raise (probably all-in) here. A free card is fine, and unless he's sitting on a ten the CR will be tough for him to call.