PDA

View Full Version : Harmless card on river; getting raised?

MrBlueNose
02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Hello all,

long-time lurker, first time poster. As there's no converter for Full Tilt Poker hand histories I did it manually. Hopefully it isn't messed up. Second hand at table, no reads on players.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 (Fixed Limit)

Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB posts, BB posts. UTG calls, 6 folds, Hero raises. BB calls. UTG calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG calls

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks. UTG bets. Hero raises. UTG calls.

River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets. UTG raises. Hero 3-bets. UTG caps. Hero calls.

Final pot: 15.5 BB

einbert
02-21-2005, 12:00 PM
I think you have to bet the turn. Check/raising this turn after leading the flop will just scream KK or AK. Bet it and hope to get raised so you can 3-bet.

The river card completed an OESD with J8, which seems likely given UTG's action thusfar. Having said that, I think the threebet is correct. J8 is really the only hand that beats you, and villian could have a LOT of hands that you destroy: KT, K9, 9T, 79.

__Q__
02-21-2005, 12:02 PM
I would bet the turn, I'd really hate to see it checked through. Also, I wouldn't worry about the J8, and when he does flip it over, just keep in mind that more often than not, he'll flip over a lower set, two pair, or complete crap.

MrBlueNose
02-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah my turn play was poor based on no read of him, so I wasn't sure if he was a "bet if checked to" kind of guy or not. Also gave away my hand.

He had <font color="white">JQo for the turned nuts.</font>