PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Challenge Week 7 - How did this happen?

fnord_too
02-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Week 7 was a welcome change. I still have not had any success in tournaments, which is really the only thing that is bothering me. This is about the longest stretch I’ve gone in terms of days and number of tournaments played without a top three finish. I don’t know if I am just running bad, or getting bored at the tables and not really playing my A game. I’ve slowed down some on playing tournaments for now. Except for a small HU tournament I try to play in every night, I am getting in about 5 tourneys a week I guess.

The 15/30 game was fantastic this week, though I did not play it as much as I should. I got in 3250 hands at ~4.85 BB/100. I was running extremely well, despite my great ability to make some bone headed plays. I think I am also improving a lot. Posting hands and reading posts helps so very much. Also, Nate Tha’ Great’s posts have stimulated a lot of great thought.

Additionally this week I decided to play some low level no limit on UB. My bankroll on UB is pretty tiny right now (about 600 with another 400 in bonus; I am STILL clearing from that sit and go madness promotion, maybe if I actually played there more I wouldn’t be). At any rate, the play at the .5/1.0 NL tables seems rather poor, and my UB bankroll is definitely benefiting from this. Another thing, UB has the best interface from a hands per hour stand point. I am in awe of how many hands you can get in there.

The only other poker related thing I have done this week is to work on a tournament article I started in December. It’s about the situation where you are faced with calling for all your chips, and is pretty long. If it is good enough, you may see it in the 2+2 magazine, if not I will post it in MTT.

On the RL front, tomorrow I’m going in with my wife for a sizing ultrasound. We are in any day mode now. I did a very little work on my hedge fund project. I just never seem to have any time. Also, it’s my wife’s birthday today, and I still haven’t been able to get out and pick her up a present; my plan is to do this at lunch or sleep on the floor tonight. I did manage to get some exercise in this week, though not as much as I would like. Still, I am reasonably happy with where I am at there.

Numbers Numbers Numbers

15/30 Week 3250 hands, 4.85BB/100
15/30 YTD 19,770 hands, 1.11BB/100 (I am way behind pace here, I need to be averageing about 4K hands a week, and I am under 3K right now.)

Tournaments: no quality finishes, somewhere near even for the week, -2kish for the year.

Total Earnings: Just under 5k for the week bringing me to 3k in the black. I can’t tell you how good it feels to not break out of my long break even streak. Hopefully I will stay above mediocrity for a while and turn my year around.