PDA

View Full Version : AA in the BB, 2/4 6m

Yeti
02-21-2005, 10:44 AM
We all have around $400.

Twice in this session I've raised to $16, got one caller and MP has popped it back to around $50. Once we both folded preflop, the other time we both folded to his healthy flop bet. Everyone else seems weak passive. There has been very little raising preflop apart from me and MP.

I'm dealt AA in the BB. UTG limps, MP makes it $12, SB makes it $20.

It's not a very interesting hand, just a question of how much you'd make it here? I'll probably get slated for not making it enough.

I just felt whatever I raised to here I was making my hand pretty damn obvious. Which incidentally, is probably a reason for making it a lot more than I did, as you're unlikely to get action on the flop unless you are beaten.

Thoughts?

n1bd
02-21-2005, 11:06 AM

maranello11
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I had AA this weekend in a live NL game and had seen it get cracked 2 times before I got them. I had it in the big blind and someone made it 12 and then the button made it 24. I called the 24 and re-raised 50 more. Both called. Flop came K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I made it 150 to go and they both thought for a while and then folded. One guy showed a K and the other didnt show. After the hand I was telling them that after seeing AA get cracked 2 times in a row I was not letting people see the flop cheap. I was surprised both called I think maybe someone had jj or qq. It worked out I took the pot. For your hand I like calling the $20 and making it $40 more. I think that can give you comfort, plus if someone does have AK or KK you may get a reraise thinking you have QQ or also AK. Hope it worked

fsuplayer
02-21-2005, 02:35 PM
80 is a bit much, id say 50-60 should be fine here. unless you dont want to think much after the flop, in which case you could make it 80 and if he beats you, he didnt have the odds blah blah.

yeah, i like 60 here.

georgesimpson
02-21-2005, 05:47 PM
80 does put a lot in the pot so you have a difficult decision to make if he calls, then bets hard on a QQ/KK flop. But at least you're going to have an idea of where you're at. I don't see these players going past pre-flop with such a big bet given your descriptions unless they have KK or QQ.

I like 50 because I think it gives you basically the same information, then you can bring it in for a pot sized bet to find out where you are on the flop if it looks safe and play it from there.

How'd this play out?

Voltron87
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
60 more is a good play.

Yeti
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
I moaned to myself and made it $52 total (I think. Maybe $48). Yes it's a little low, but raises to > $50 are so so rare in this game, I totally stressed out imagining everyone knew what I had.

UTG called (huh?), Button called.

AT3, 2 clubs, UTG checks, Button bets $100, I call (I have the Ac), UTG folds.

Turn is the somewhat scary Jc. Button bets $130 and I raise allin for around 120 more.

He calls, river is the welcoming Jh, and Button mucks his AKo.

I just didn't like this hand, I hate those damn minraises. It also annoys me when someone bets out $4 on the flop after you've raised preflop. You raising that tiny bet looks stronger to the fish than you simply betting out on the flop, which can be annoying when you've flopped big.

Bah. My line's ok I guess?

georgesimpson
02-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Your preflop raise was evidently good because you didn't scare off AK. That is one of your biggest money makers with AA. With those pre flop raises I wouldn't be scared of the flush at the drop of a hat and I think you did the right thing and got maximum value out of your set.

If you bet -too- hard in a raised pot on every possible draw you'll never make any money.

nh.