PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever been on a cruise

rt1
02-21-2005, 10:39 AM
i am going on a crusie next week and have never been on one before. i am wondering what are some dos/donts while on the ship. also i think i get motion skickness, any tricks to prevent it?

IsaacW
02-21-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i get motion skickness, any tricks to prevent it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dramamine always worked for me. However, most of my boating experience is deep-sea fishing on small (120' or so) boats, so this may be overkill for you.

PhatTBoll
02-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Sometimes the choices for dinner are pretty out there. Don't think you are limited to what they serve you for dinner. They will normally make whatever you want, especially if it's simple, like pizza.
The best way to combat the motion is to get a cabin toward the middle of the boat. If you are toward either end, you will have some trouble sleeping the first night. I did anyway. After the first night, you will probably be ok.

peachy
02-21-2005, 05:12 PM
oooo i had sooooooooooooo much fun on mine...it was a blast. Although by the 2nd nite i learned to right my lvl and room number on my hand b/c once i was drunk the neverending hallways all looked the same and with #s on my hand it was easier to ask someone!! We went on a cruise to the bahamas, stopped off at a few islands - one where atlantis is, i went to he PINK BEACH!!!!! yey!!! Waters r so pretty...overall great time.

About the motion, i usually dont get affected but one time i did and it just felt like i was drunk is all, would sway a lil even if i was still!! hahaha but i had no probs sleeping ever b/c of it...maybe cause i was drunk hehe