PDA

View Full Version : 99 on overcard flop - flop desicion?

Akimka
02-21-2005, 07:22 AM
CO (PF/flop raiser) is sLA-A

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $1.50 (All-In), MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="blue"> Hero ??? </font>

aLOWdAkING
02-21-2005, 07:24 AM
I raise PF, and led the flop and go on from there.

In your line, clear fold when it's 2 back to you.

dr. klopek
02-21-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise PF

[/ QUOTE ]

please eplain.

DeadManJay
02-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Re-raise 99 preflop? You don't think thats a tad too aggressive for a hand that really needs to flop big to be truely valuable?

dr. klopek
02-21-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
please eplain.

[/ QUOTE ]

+x

flopwell
02-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Re-raising PF from the blinds with 99 is cccccrazy in my opinion. As far as the rest of the hand.....2 back to you is a fold, as tempting as it might be to try and catch that backdoor flush-fold.

parappa
02-21-2005, 09:44 AM
I call the raise preflop. I lead the flop and fold if it's 3-bet back to me. I'll call one raise and check/fold the turn if I don't improve.

I'd enjoy comments from people on what you do if you lead the flop, get 2 callers, and the turn is a) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or b) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I'm not sure how to play those situations.

mmbt0ne
02-21-2005, 09:56 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I call the raise preflop. I lead the flop and fold if it's 3-bet back to me. I'll call one raise and check/fold the turn if I don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Improve how? If you hit one of your 2 outs? There is almost no chance you will ever be getting 20:1 on a flop call, and making this call with 99 will lose money for you in the long run.

Carmine
02-21-2005, 11:23 AM
I agree that raising this PF is wrong with six other callers. I will always try and play 99 for more than just set value but only with few opponents. That's why I will raise it up front or after one or two limpers and 3-bet it to try and isolate a raiser. Once ther are several callers though it is hard to win with it UI.

To answer the Q and 2 question. I think if you lead the flop (which I would) and got two callers I would lead the turn again. If called again in both spots I would check/fold the river. Probably check/call if only one other to the river. This is assuming a blank on the river.

EDIT: Oh in referance to the way it went down. Hero..Folds.

topspin
02-21-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I lead the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Given the position of the preflop raiser, all you're accomplishing is trapping the field for two with a marginal hand.

I actually like the way OP checked the flop. If it gets checked to the flop raiser for an auto-bet, you've got a great chance to face the field with two cold. If there's lots of action behind you, you can let your hand go.

topspin
02-21-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Improve how? If you hit one of your 2 outs? There is almost no chance you will ever be getting 20:1 on a flop call

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the size of the pot and the number of players. If hero leads, a few people call, and it gets raised once, hero is almost certainly getting odds to draw to his two outs.

parappa
02-21-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Improve how? If you hit one of your 2 outs? There is almost no chance you will ever be getting 20:1 on a flop call, and making this call with 99 will lose money for you in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I waas thinking with a pot this big that I probably have to stay in if a big spade comes, though I have tons of opponents so that's probably dumb.

It may be wrong to lead the flop, but it is certainly correct to call one raise back to me getting around 20:1. Also, there's something that I can't locate in SSH that basically advises an autocall of the single bet on the flop here so that people, esp an LA-A won't autoraise you to make you fold the flop.

I'm in favor of leading out here. I could well have the best hand, and even though there is an LA-A there, we have no guarantee he's going to get and even though we can't protect our hand that well we don't want to give a free card, no?