PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Behavioral Analysts! Sitting Bull becomes...

Sitting Bull
09-07-2002, 03:41 AM
uphoric when he plays poorly AND "sucks out".
Should he try to control his "high" because the feeling might encourage him to play future hands poorly??
BTW,if he "sucks out" twice in a short period of time,he experiencs such a good feeling that it's better than having sex(LOL)!
Hmmmm
Just wondering
Happy pokering.
Sitting Bull

scalf
09-07-2002, 11:40 AM
i say take time to smell the roses...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

09-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Let him take up skydiving. If his health is not too good, get him season passes to 6 Flags where he can get his highs from the rollercoasters.

Noo Yawk
09-07-2002, 03:15 PM
Do you find yourself doing this when you are ahead or behind?
Behind, sounds like tilt. Ahead, sounds like a good way to give back your money. Do you play better ahead or behind?

bernie
09-07-2002, 03:46 PM
and try to see it in a 3rd person...i do enjoy your posts....

that said...

what you described, could be the signs of addiction. It's a parallel with what many drug addicts say about, say....heroin.

not saying its what it is, but if you were really serious, and you find this dictates some of your play, it may be worth looking into...especially if you find it a tough to control urge.

BUT if it's not....

HAVE FUN.......WOO HOO...

b

Sitting Bull
09-07-2002, 04:33 PM

Sitting Bull
09-07-2002, 04:36 PM

Sitting Bull
09-07-2002, 04:42 PM
behind,I do not do this.
I play much better when I'm ahead. When I'm behind,I play worse--giving off more chips than I should.
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

Noo Yawk
09-07-2002, 05:22 PM
My guess is that you're just enjoying the win then. Poker is definitely more fun when your winning!! Just be careful not to give back those generous donations!

Dave in Cali
09-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Sitting Bull

Your sex life might be great, at least amoungst yourself, but you're going to be "Shitting Bull" if you keep getting high off of playing crappy hands and sucking out. Of course you already knew this, which is why I must wonder aloud as to why you REALLY posted this nonsense.

Dave in Cali

brad
09-08-2002, 08:48 AM
for what its worth i feel somewhat similiarly, and also i think i play my best game when im not so amazingly (feeling so good, healthy, etc.) because then i just am too optimistic.

brad

Sitting Bull
09-10-2002, 02:36 AM
I brought this up was that I wanted to know if my bad plays would tend to increase the more I enjoyed "sucking out".
I rarely play "suck out" hands.
However,occasionally, I do.
But when I do play these hands,they sometimes "suck"--LOL!
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull
09-10-2002, 02:38 AM