PDA

View Full Version : Getting no action

theredpill5
02-21-2005, 06:56 AM
I play this one site nearly every day. I've recently had a bad run of cards. Well, in the last 2 hours, the deck is hitting me in the face. I'm hitting full houses, nut flushes and making only a few bucks. It's frustrating. I had a set of 9's early and made about $10 on it. I used to nearly double up off sets when I first started at the site. ($50) . Then a few hours later I see a guy flop the same set of 9's and he makes about $40 off of it. So I'm like WTF. How I played this set of 9's was that I called a pot sized bet from EP. Turn was an Ace. He bet the pot again about $8 and I minimum reraised him to $16 and he folds...... WTF . It was a $50 buy-in and he had $260 on him and folded to an $8 raise after he just put in $8. Frustrating. Is it me or are people just not hitting good enough hands to call my raises and bets ? Are people finding out that I'm a tight player and thus I'm getting no action or what ? I'm still seeing players at my table that I have no notes on and I don't recognize. Should I go elsewhere for a while and come back ?

BobboFitos
02-21-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting no action

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you're aiming too high, or not enough alcohol

theredpill5
02-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Aiming too high ? Bets are too large? Is that what you mean ?

Another example. 5 people see the flop of

A A 6

its checked around. I have 4 4 .
pot = $2

Turn: 4

Checked to me in MP. I bet $2. Everyone folds. I'm just thinking. No one has an Ace ? That's odd.

BobboFitos
02-21-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Aiming too high ? Bets are too large? Is that what you mean ?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, not exactly what i was going for

[ QUOTE ]
Another example. 5 people see the flop of

A A 6

its checked around. I have 4 4 .
pot = $2

Turn: 4

Checked to me in MP. I bet $2. Everyone folds. I'm just thinking. No one has an Ace ? That's odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, similar hand I played. 44 on button. Loose bad player min raised in EP. 2 callers. I call. Blinds fold.

A A 6 flop. Just like you. No flush draws. Eveeyrone checks to me. Hmm, someone has an ace. I check.

4 on the turn. PFR bets 10. Ok, I think, he has an ace. Perfect. I raise to 35. He calls.

Jack on the river. I bet 55. He checkraises the rest of his stack, which is like 20 more. I say wow, he has AJ. I call. he has AJ.