PDA

View Full Version : Someone in Stars shouting out cards he folded during hands...

Karak567
02-21-2005, 04:50 AM
The board was all clubs and he starts shouting that he folded all these clubs WHILE we were still playing the hand. He did this a couple times over and over. I asked him to stop and he refused telling me this was perfectly legal conduct. When I told him I would contact Stars support he told me they would just laugh at me.

Well I sent an e-mail to Stars support, is this the right line of conduct to follow for me?

Daliman
02-21-2005, 04:52 AM
Absolutely. He will be warned at a minimum, and may lose his chat. It's a form of collusion, essentially, although likely not implicitly.

ZebraAss
02-21-2005, 04:53 AM
Yes it was.

But you forgot the part where you tell him that Poker stars is going to freeze his acccount and take all his money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sng-sam
02-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately they will send him a warning and that will likely be it. I send emails to those goofies all the time. I don't have much faith in them. Further you will likely never see them again. So unless you catch him twice he'll just keep it up.

lorinda
02-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Yes.

I tend to email along the lines of "I realise this guy was probably unaware that it's bad form, but could you send him a warning to let him know that this is against the rules"

It's amazing how many of these players don't realise such obvious things are wrong/stupid.

Lori

hyde
02-21-2005, 10:32 AM
what would be the propriety of posting these players names here on the forum?
It might generate the multiple reports necessary to stop them.
hyde

lorinda
02-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I personally believe in keeping such things private.

The sites should have enough access to the chat to see if it's a real problem, or just a stupid newbie.

It might turn out that it was the guy's first ever game and he was all excited, getting 250 complaints might put him off for life, but a friendly warning from support will probably just teach him what he needs.

If he's a genuine a-hole, he will get reported often enough in time anyway (I believe most sites flag the account when someone is on a warning)

Lori

Karak567
02-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Well he insisted that he plays in live tournaments "all the time" and that this behavior is "perfectly legal, even while the hand is being played." I just shook my head and sent an e-mail to Stars support. Got this response:

Hello,

I looked over the chat logs, and I do see a few instances where the player
was calling out cards during play. If you refer to rule 16 on
the "Tournament rules" page of our Web site
(http://www.pokerstars.com/tournamentsrules.html), you will see that
this behaviour is not allowed and may be grounds for the removal of
chat privileges.

We have warned the player, and asked him not to do this again.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Regards,

Dan
PokerStars Support Team

Daliman
02-21-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well he insisted that he plays in live tournaments "all the time" and that this behavior is "perfectly legal, even while the hand is being played." I just shook my head and sent an e-mail to Stars support. Got this response:

Hello,

I looked over the chat logs, and I do see a few instances where the player
was calling out cards during play. If you refer to rule 16 on
the "Tournament rules" page of our Web site
(http://www.pokerstars.com/tournamentsrules.html), you will see that
this behaviour is not allowed and may be grounds for the removal of
chat privileges.

We have warned the player, and asked him not to do this again.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Regards,

Dan
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

He may be right as far as it's specific legality, not positive of it. It's prefectly legal to show your hand face up too before your opponent has called or when you are contemplating one; it's just in most tourneys now your hand will be folded, so "legal" is fuzzy at the least. The saying of your hand would likely get you a warning first, then a 20-minute time out next.