PDA

View Full Version : Big Stack Play at the Final Table

jetset
02-21-2005, 03:41 AM
I play at various SNG buy-in levels and have a difficult time with the big stack at higher levels. At the lower levels, constant pressure usually allows the big stack to run away with the tournament. Furthermore, shortstacks in the blinds will usually fold to raises and aggression before the money. At the higher levels, whenever I raise as a big stack I would get a reraise or allin in defense. Due to the SNG structure, waiting for a good hand to catch a push wasn't possible because the blinds would quickly reduce a stack. What do big stacks do against aggressive shortstacks that don't care if they're on the bubble?

Shilly
02-21-2005, 04:18 AM
First, this post belongs in the 1-table tournament forum. But to answer your question, you have to be willing to call with hands that aren't premium. If you're in the BB and a shortstack pushes in the SB, hands like ATo, KJ, and 55 are good hands to call with. Keep in mind, you have the big stack--and if you're feeling pressure to pick up a "big hand," just imagine the pressure that the blinds are keeping on the short stacks. Loosen up, but do it with caution.