PDA

View Full Version : Short-stacked heads-up

sublyme
02-21-2005, 02:44 AM
3 table tourney, I've made it to heads-up. Was chip leader but lost an all-in with two pair when villain's miracle J came on river and made him a straight, been getting chipped away since.

I have 1000, villain has 4000. Blinds are 50/100, I'm SB. I see 8c4d and call. Villain checks, flop comes Qc7c6d. Villain bets 200. Villain stabs at pot a lot, has already folded to me a lot when I pushed all-in previously.

Your move?

sublyme
02-21-2005, 03:45 AM
bump

youngin20
02-21-2005, 04:00 AM
easy fold. you can steel if you want, you have a gutshot. and a backdoor flush draw. i dont really see a play here, you COULD push all in, but if you get called you are drawing...pretty damn thin. get aggressive pre flop and run him over.

Cland
02-21-2005, 04:01 AM
Theres 200 in the pot, He's betting the minimum. If he is going to stab at the pot alot I may let this pass.

If I am him, and I have any part of the pot I'm probly going to call your 800 chip raise.

If he is playing meekly and letting you see alot of flops for just BB or completeing SB then I would wait until I had some piece of the flop.

Your 17% (correct?) to make your straight.

I would rather get the money all in before the flop then to take a shot at this flop.

If you have a *really* good read on him and think he is going to fold then by all means make the play. I would have to feel very confident because even if he has nothing and calls and the flop comes all rags I'm sitting there with an 8 high.

schwza
02-21-2005, 03:05 PM
a push here isn't bad. if he has a 6 or 7 you have 3 extra outs. but i would fold pre-flop. 84o sucks.