PDA

View Full Version : Poker Stocks?

LImitPlayer
02-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Anyone know of any Major poker sites that sell stocks?

I figure with this poker boom, now is the time to take some of my Bankroll and dive in.

I know nothing about stocks, where to find them or how to read them.

Thanks

Stock Whiz
02-21-2005, 09:50 AM
WPTE - should be around $100 in 2-3 years after their website if up and running. Should be a monster success since they can offer satellites to the WPT events. Good luck.

Tweez
02-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Pokerpulse (http://www.newsatpokerpulse.com/) has a portfolio of poker related stocks. They seem to be doing quite well (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cq?d=v1&s=BOSS.ST+CRYP+HG.L+LACO+LVFHF.OB+NLR.L+SB T.L+UNIB.ST+WMH.L+WGMGY.OB+WPTE) with them right now.

BradleyT
02-21-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WPTE - should be around $100 in 2-3 years after their website if up and running. Should be a monster success since they can offer satellites to the WPT events. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL keep pumping.

Stock Whiz
02-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Bradley - did you see the cover story on Barron's this weekend? 4-5 pages devoted to online poker. Billions in revenue potential worldwide says Barrons. WPTE should increase 10-20% in the next two weeks alone b/c of that article. Closed at 19.25 on Friday - we'll see how much it is at later this week. You must be kicking yourself for not buying earlier, but there still is plenty of time; the website did not even open yet. Don't listen to me - read the article yourself.

AndyH69
02-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I've got some Sporting Bet and Neteller stocks. Both are doing well.

Sporting Bet are due to announce their interim results tomorrow. The numbers will be interesting, and the reaction of the market over the next few days should give some clues as to the expectations for future growth.

Also, Party Poker are considering floating later in the year.

imported_bingobazza
02-27-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got some Sporting Bet and Neteller stocks. Both are doing well.

Sporting Bet are due to announce their interim results tomorrow. The numbers will be interesting, and the reaction of the market over the next few days should give some clues as to the expectations for future growth.

Also, Party Poker are considering floating later in the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, at and estimated float price of £3bn....but I heard somewhere that it will need a change in the gaming act in the UK...

BradleyT
02-28-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bradley - did you see the cover story on Barron's this weekend? 4-5 pages devoted to online poker. Billions in revenue potential worldwide says Barrons. WPTE should increase 10-20% in the next two weeks alone b/c of that article. Closed at 19.25 on Friday - we'll see how much it is at later this week. You must be kicking yourself for not buying earlier, but there still is plenty of time; the website did not even open yet. Don't listen to me - read the article yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Down nearly 10% since your post. You need to pump harder.

Shoe
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Can you buy london stocks through scottrade?