Allinlife
02-21-2005, 02:05 AM
PP 20+2 level 1 (10/15)
Folded to MP, who calls
SB, whom doubled up through overplayed TPBK (A8s) raies to 190
I have jacks on BB, I push

ChrisV
02-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Looks fine. Folding seems pretty weak here in view of your opponent. Calling doesn't get you anywhere.

assron
02-21-2005, 03:22 AM
good push imo

sng-sam
02-21-2005, 10:14 AM
I'll disagree here. I'm assuming that you don't want a call here. But...BB through previous action has shown to be a little to easy to call. So he's playing Ax again and an ace flops now what? It's fun to look down and see JJ but this early it likely spells trouble. I call instead of push and I see a flop.

Rick

lorinda
02-21-2005, 10:17 AM
I avoid this because MP may be slow playing a big hand in light of SB's bad play previously.

I don't think it's bad play at all, but just one I dodge and wait because of the rather strange circumstances.

A small read on MP would change my mind entirely.

Lori

Allinlife
02-21-2005, 01:17 PM
mp folds, he called after thinking for few seconds with 88

my Jacks hold up

folding is way too weak tight so it's not a choice

I think calling doesn't get me anywhere because I will basically be pot commited after investing 25% of my stack. and with 3 possible overcards to come vs very bad player, I don't want to make hard flop decisions.

since I am losing my stack here no matter what, I want to punish him as much as I could when he has below AQ, or JJ, plus I have decent folding equity to pick up T200 w/o showdown which is pretty sweet as well.

thanks for your feedbacks guys

curtains
02-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Calling sucks bad. Im allin here for sure. No way MP is thinking about slowplaying because some other player is getting out of line...this is a $20 sit and go.
It's possible MP is slowplaying but I wouldnt count on it, meanwhile you have a great chancne to get a call from a dominated hand for all your money. Being scared of MP slowplaying is way too scared and giving them too much credit IMO.

nokona13
02-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Say you were the MP here and had the same read on the SB. What hands would you consider slowplaying in hopes of limp-raising/pushing the SB? Just JJ+? How about AKo, or even AQs?