PDA

View Full Version : I made a costly blunder by misreading the board just now.

A_C_Slater
02-21-2005, 01:41 AM
I don't know what's wrong with me. Does this ever happen to you? I'm playing more hands than usual lately, maybe that's why.

Full ring paradise 1-2

I have KTo on the button, 2 limpers to me and I call. SB completes,

5 players---FLOP: 9 Q x with 2 hearts

SB checks, BB bets, 2 calls, I call thinking I have an OESD /images/graemlins/crazy.gif, SB folds.

4 players turn--- A /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, MP folds, MP1 calls, I raise with my phantom nut straight and then immediately realize i'm missing the Jack. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Luckily the BB folds /images/graemlins/cool.gif, but that stubborn MP bastard calls /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

2 players---River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP checks, Well the only way I can win now is with a total bluff, so I fire away and MP calls and he shows me Q2o for two pair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

How can you beat these people who never fold!? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Luv2DriveTT
02-21-2005, 01:55 AM
I can relate... I thought I had the nut straight last night, capping the river. When I triumphantly turned over my hand I realized I had J high... nothing more. It was quite humiliating, and rather expensive.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

A_C_Slater
02-21-2005, 01:57 AM
At least it helps your table image. They'll all remember the maniac who capped with jack high.

Once they stop laughing at you. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

EDIT: Thanks for making me feel better.

bear187
02-21-2005, 02:07 AM
U CALLED HIM WITH JACK HIGH. JACK HIGH!!!!

7ontheline
02-21-2005, 03:18 AM
Actually, he CAPPED him with Jack high. Clearly an expert play, not a fishy play. You obviously think only at the most basic levels.

AncientPC
02-21-2005, 03:50 AM
I just called a $20 pre-flop raise from SB by accident in BB with J5o. I flop a pair of Jacks, SB checks and I push ~$30 into ~$40, SB folds. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dangergirl
02-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I've done that before as well. But I thought I had a flush. I then realized that I moved to another PC and forgot to check the 4 deck coloring. Therefore, I only had diamonds and hearts heh. It was a costly mistake, but at least now whenever I move to a new pc I remember to check off 4 color deck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Grindin'
02-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Hehe. Thankfully I've never made a mistake reading my hand or board that has cost me too much money! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
A_C_Slater, I'm certain your opponent would have folded if he didn't hit that deuce on the river. The Ace probably scared him up to that point. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

comstock
02-21-2005, 04:50 PM
been there. 4 tabling thought I hit a straight on one, turned out I had 4 to a straight...didn't catch this mistake till it was too late /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jibbs
02-21-2005, 05:48 PM
LMAO. With you not at you. I have had the same experience (B&M) and not realized it until I have turned my cards up at the end. The only card I seem to have ever done it on is that pesky Jack.

The best part of my hand is, after making the final bet on the river my opponent thought for a while and called me. I turned my cards over to reveal my K high and a player on the other side of the table says, "You represented it well, I thought you had it." I'm thinking to myself, "Hell Yeah, so did I!!!" /images/graemlins/crazy.gif