PDA

View Full Version : America has ruined Iron Chef.

TBag
02-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Is anyone watching this garbage on the food network? Iron Chef America has completely ruined the kickass style that was the O.G. Iron Chef.

Apparently the new host is the kung-fu profecient (stereotypes, anyone?) nephew of the ultimate bell-pepper biting Chairman Kaga.

Thumbs way down. Neither Bobby Flay or "Malto" Mario deserve the title Iron Chef.

Ha-rumph.

BusterStacks
02-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Are you serious? Bobby Flay kicks ass.

Jake (The Snake)
02-21-2005, 01:10 AM
He stood on the cutting board man...

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

pshreck
02-21-2005, 01:14 AM
Pretty sure Bobby Flay beat one of the Iron Chefs when he competed.

astroglide
02-21-2005, 01:18 AM
bobby flay has been a cock but he seems to be getting better. i have reservations for mesa grill in early march too.

TBag
02-21-2005, 01:25 AM
If memory serves me right, Bobby Flay lost the first match vs. Murimoto (where he stood on the cutting board the first time, that disrespectful bastard).

Rather than condeding defeat to the obviously superior chef, he bitched and blamed his loss on when he got shocked by the stove in the middle of the match. He eventually got a rematch, which he won (barely) but what's more controvertial about that episode is that all the commentary by the testers were definately in the favor of Murimoto, and it wasn't close. Somehow, the numbers went to flay, which to me says that the judges were A - payed off, or B - the Japanese didn't wanna piss off the angry American and start WWIII. Also, in the second match, he didn't stand on the cutting board, he threw the cutting board off the counter and then stood where the board WAS. Way to go, Flay, real classy.

astroglide
02-21-2005, 01:37 AM
you guys are completely full of [censored] if you're going to sit here and announce that you were offended the instant he got on the table because he was standing on a sacred cutting board. it bugged morimoto who brought it up, and suddenly everybody is an expert on japanese cooking culture and how they hold so much respect for their utensils. you are all fair-weather culturalists.

as for the commentary favoring morimoto on the rematch and having him lose, there are episodes constantly where they do that. presumably they try to balance the comments or give off some misdirection otherwise there's no tension in the result.

Reef
02-21-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, Flay's a dick

SCfuji
02-21-2005, 01:43 AM
bobby flay sucks. the american judges are fricken biased. the iron chef that should've won (forget the name) created a masterful meal using the best ingredients. you can argue that the iron chef failed to use the featured ingredient as the centerpiece of all his entrees and appetizers, but having foagara, kobe beef, and the best damn fish eggs in the world in your stomach should be more than enough to off-set any shortcomings.

deacsoft
02-21-2005, 02:06 AM
When I did watch TV Iron Chef was a must see.

TBag
02-21-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys are completely full of [censored] if you're going to sit here and announce that you were offended the instant he got on the table because he was standing on a sacred cutting board. it bugged morimoto who brought it up, and suddenly everybody is an expert on japanese cooking culture and how they hold so much respect for their utensils. you are all fair-weather culturalists.

as for the commentary favoring morimoto on the rematch and having him lose, there are episodes constantly where they do that. presumably they try to balance the comments or give off some misdirection otherwise there's no tension in the result.

[/ QUOTE ]

My commenting on the fact that Flay was on the cutting board isn't more sided with the argument that it's dishonorable yadda yadda yadda, it was leaning more towards the fact that Bobby Flay is a douche. He's a chef for Christ's sake, he shouldn't be up on tables "raising the roof" nodding his head and chanting "AWWWW YEAH BOYEES THAT'S RIGHT." And I was taken aback at the amount of bitching that when on when he lost the first match.

AncientPC
02-21-2005, 04:21 AM
1) The AIC (American Iron Chef) chairman does not have nearly as much flair or personality as Chairman Kaga.

2) Morimoto's cooking sucks. Bobby Flay's cooking sucks even more.

3) Bobby Flay was an arrogant prick, not so much for standing on a cutting board but merely for getting up on top of a table after the battle. It's like someone jumping on top of the poker table and dancing after a hand.

4) I liked the Ming Tsai battle.

5) I've watched a few of Mario Batali's cooking shows and while his cooking looks pretty good it's neither eccentric or creative.

Overall AIC is pretty bad.

Rushmore
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Bobby Flay is the Scott Fischmann of cooking.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
02-21-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ahahahahahah