PDA

View Full Version : Guy Clark, Joe Ely, John Hiatt and Lyle Lovett

Roy Munson
02-21-2005, 12:50 AM
I just returned from watching these four gentlemen perform an acoustic show in a small venue. Having seen John Hiatt and Lyle Lovett in the past with full bands I was a little leery of the bare bones nature of this show. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

By stripping the performance down to a singer songwriter and his guitar the talent of these artists was magnified instead of diminished. They played for a little over 2 hours but it seemed like 10 minutes. It was one of those shows that you wish would never end.

If you are a fan of any of these men catch this show if you get the chance.

jesusarenque
02-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Guy Clark is the man.

Evan
02-21-2005, 02:25 AM
anybody else read the title really quick and expect to see a post about GuyOnTilt and Clarkmeister?

mmbt0ne
02-21-2005, 02:34 AM
This sounds like an amazing concert. Were they all on stage playing together, or was it a one at a time kind of thing?

nothumb
02-21-2005, 05:23 AM
I've liked the live Guy Clark stuff I've heard a lot more than studio versions of the same songs. In particular the live version of "Dublin Blues" from the Bluebird Cafe is easily 100x better than the studio.

NT

Roy Munson
02-21-2005, 08:42 AM
They were on stage together but would each play a song individually with one or more of the others sometimes providing backup guitar and/or vocals.

At the end of the main set and encore all four played together. It was a truly unique show.