PDA

View Full Version : Top and bottom pair in an unraised pot

wrto4556
02-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Pokermountain doesn't have HH up and running yet, so this is going to be sketchy. I've been at a $.50/1 NL table for about 4 hours. I have $270 in front of me. Needless to say, I was up.
I have a guy there that blew $100 with A-high when I have QQ, crazy enough, he has alot of chips, too. About $160.

I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the small blind.

UTG+1 limps, Crazy guy in MP1 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, I complete, and the BB checks.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet the pot, $6 and the crazy guy moves all in for $160.

The pot's small.
The guy is capable of doing this with a flush draw.
I have very few outs to a hand that has me beat.
I've been on a rush<----yes I believe in those.

What's my line?

TrailofTears
02-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Call here for sure. Granted, your 3's could be negated by the river, but I would call crazy guy here for sure. Has he pushed with monsters before? Could be a nice little move of honor, in which case I would be duped by one of my favorite moves... Still, I beat his chips into the pot here.

wrto4556
02-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Now, the guy isn't a complete maniac. Just wierd. he called me down with A-high in a when I was betting huge. But he's not a complete idiot...er...well...um. I see him fold pre-flop and on the flop quite a bit.

TrailofTears
02-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Point taken, but in my defense the name "crazy guy" implies maniac status. Oh, and this doesn't change my response.

- Trail

jb9
02-21-2005, 12:54 AM
I would fold. I've seen too many "crazy" players with sets and lost too much with 2 pair. Maybe that has made me a little paranoid...

I'd wait to trap him rather than risk walking into his trap.