PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Comes Out On Tuesday

IggyWH
02-20-2005, 10:15 PM
I had no clue it was coming out so soon. I just saw a commercial during the All-Star game and looked it up on IGN. I can't wait and know what I'll be doing on Tueday :

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/489/489327.html?ui=cb_up_01

ThaSaltCracka
02-20-2005, 10:23 PM
not a whole lot of PR for this game, weird. I saw the commercial too.

ttleistdci
02-20-2005, 10:23 PM
It was supposed to be out in Nov/Dec then was pushed back a few months.

I'll be in line for it though.

I think I spent more time during my freshman year in college playing GT3 than I did in class.

IggyWH
02-20-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not a whole lot of PR for this game, weird. I saw the commercial too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... the commercial didn't even say it was coming out this Tuesday. I just figured it was yet another dicktease commercial and decided to check out IGN to see when the release date is. I was shocked to see it for Tuesday!

IggyWH
02-20-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was supposed to be out in Nov/Dec then was pushed back a few months.

I'll be in line for it though.

I think I spent more time during my freshman year in college playing GT3 than I did in class.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game has been constantly pushed back now for about 2 1/2 years. I didn't get into 3 all that much but I'm in the need for a racing game so 4 should do me.

I was huge in 1 and 2 though. I even ran a website on getting all gold in the license tests that was pretty popular. Those were the days... when I had nothing to worry about than play GT all day.

David04
02-21-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm still playing GT3, I'm only about 30% through it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ilya
02-21-2005, 01:12 AM
GT is so overrated. Why not buy a racing game that's actually fun, like Burnout 3 or Need For Speed Underground or Midnight Club 2...or basically any other racing game that has features like damage modeling, a life-like AI, a real sense of speed, etc....
I guess GT is better than the PS2 Ridge Racers, I'll give it that much.

IronDragon1
02-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Bout Goddamn time-I preordered on October 1st

David04
02-21-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GT is so overrated. Why not buy a racing game that's actually fun, like Burnout 3 or Need For Speed Underground or Midnight Club 2...or basically any other racing game that has features like damage modeling, a life-like AI, a real sense of speed, etc....

[/ QUOTE ]
GT is a different type of racing game. Burnout 3, NFSU, etc. are for people that have some kind of interest in cars and like to play videogames. GT is for people that are really REALLY into cars and like to play videogames. Sure, NFSU and Burnout 3 are really fun, but GT is a different kind of fun.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

But I like to play both kinds of games. It's fun to go 200 MPH in Bunrout 3, but feel like I'm going about 400. On the other hand, it's fun to use racing skills instead of videogame skills in GT.

Lazymeatball
02-21-2005, 09:57 AM
My entire knowledge of cars comes from playing GT3. I think the game is very educational about how different modifications affect the physics of driving in a realistic manner.

GT: arcade racing games :: Flight simulators: Starfox, or nintendo's 1942.

And I hate flight simulators, but love the GT series.

Lazymeatball
02-21-2005, 09:58 AM
http://onfinite.com/libraries/214418/2ba.jpg

Ray Zee
02-21-2005, 10:17 AM
do the cars have carburators. i hate that fuel injection crap and computer chips in them. when i cant work on it, it has no interest. hell they even put your fuel pump in the gas tank nowadays so you have to pull that to change a part that only goes 70 k miles.
i would rather play with my ones that i can push along the floor and make revving sounds.

David04
02-21-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do the cars have carburators. i hate that fuel injection crap and computer chips in them. when i cant work on it, it has no interest. hell they even put your fuel pump in the gas tank nowadays so you have to pull that to change a part that only goes 70 k miles.
i would rather play with my ones that i can push along the floor and make revving sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
GT is badass. You can fine tune the gears and all kinds of [censored]. I'm not really sure what you were asking, but you can modify the cars in GT.

But you kinda lost me there. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bcunha
02-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Outside of poker and GT4, I will have no extra time for loved ones.

pshreck
02-21-2005, 12:14 PM
The GT series isnt even the best series to start with the letters GT.

DerryABU
02-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Is the U.S. version going to have online capabilities,the european release hasn't.Because of this I think I'll just rent it for a few days.

ilya
02-21-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
GT is a different type of racing game. Burnout 3, NFSU, etc. are for people that have some kind of interest in cars and like to play videogames. GT is for people that are really REALLY into cars and like to play videogames. Sure, NFSU and Burnout 3 are really fun, but GT is a different kind of fun.

But I like to play both kinds of games. It's fun to go 200 MPH in Bunrout 3, but feel like I'm going about 400. On the other hand, it's fun to use racing skills instead of videogame skills in GT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, the games I mentioned are almost a different genre. I think it's cool that there are games out there, like GT, that try to take a more realistic approach. But if that's what GT's gonna go for, don't you think it's important for them to focus on making the AI as lifelike as possible? The handling may feel extremely authentic, but if that's all you have, the game's gonna feel kinda cold and clinical.
If you really like realistic physics, but also think good AI is important, check out Ferrari 355 Challenge. The physics are at least as good as GT's, but the AI is also excellent.

David04
02-21-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, the games I mentioned are almost a different genre. I think it's cool that there are games out there, like GT, that try to take a more realistic approach. But if that's what GT's gonna go for, don't you think it's important for them to focus on making the AI as lifelike as possible? The handling may feel extremely authentic, but if that's all you have, the game's gonna feel kinda cold and clinical.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah it kinda sucks that the AI is pretty much retarded. No matter what happens in a race, they follow the same line. I was doing an endurance race earlier, and I was like 10 laps ahead(I almost never pit, I use super slick tires) so whenever I passed someone, I would try to make them spin out when we went into a turn. It would have been cool if someone would have bumped me back, but noooooo. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ilya
02-21-2005, 03:40 PM
The other GT is even more overrated. Although I agree it's better than this GT. Never mind that it's utterly inappropriate to compare the two.

jtr
02-21-2005, 11:12 PM
I have to put in a vote for Papyrus's excellent Nascar Racing 2003 at this point. Or indeed Grand Prix Legends.

GT4? Get out of the kiddy pool. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Oh my god, I just posted in OOT. It's all downhill from here.)

Fratony
02-22-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really like realistic physics, but also think good AI is important, check out Ferrari 355 Challenge. The physics are at least as good as GT's, but the AI is also excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you stated the game is supposed to be ultra-relistic, the A-I isn't out to get you in GT because it's modeled after Le Mans type racing. Just like in NASCAR the cars arent constantly bumping each other and trying to make people spin out. It would be nice if there was some way to "piss-off" the competition like there is in NASCAR games, maybe they will incorporate that in GT4 or in the future. Either way, GT has always been my favorite racing game and probably always will be; NSF-underground 2 comes in a fairly close 2nd.

maryfield48
02-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, where are the reviews? Mine is on order but it takes a while to get to the Caribbean.

My kids are going to be SOL when it gets here - Jak 3 & Ratchet will be on the shelf for a while.