PDA

View Full Version : That was awesome (NBA All-star telecast goof)

MicroBob
02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Did anyone see the pre-game standup with Marv, Steve Kerr and Doug??

Doug on the left thought the camera had isolated on Mrav Albert and Steve Kerr....he was pointing like a maniac at something trying to communicate with his floor-director it appeared (couldn't speak because he knew his mic was on...but was completely unaware that the camera was still on all 3 of them).

I don't know....I found it hilarious for such a high-profile telecast to have such a significant goof. maybe others aren't as amused by these things as I am.

UOPokerPlayer
02-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Saw that. Looked like something was about to attack him. We'll never know.

pshreck
02-20-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe others aren't as amused by these things as I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wrong there, these things are awesome. Today, I was watching weather channel because we are getting a big storm here in Harford.

The anchor for weather center says "and coming up next, weather center", then looks kind of down, assuming a commercial is coming on. Then he looks all confused, and back to the camera, and says "welcome to weater center" and continues to report the weather. I thought it was great. Thanks for giving me a place to express this.

MicroBob
02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
obviously you said he looked kind of confused...so he might have gotten some bad directions there.

But a lot of the weather channel stuff is on tape...so it's possible it was just a bad job of editing.
He gave the 'we'll be back with weather center thing' then they kept rolling tape, then he started up the weather center part like he was supposed to...and someone inside didn't push the button at the right time.

But if he looked really confused then he could have been live too of course.

I wasn't sure how amusing this live-TV gaffs were to others....since I used to work in radio and TV (on the air and behind the scenes) I have kind of a warped persepctive on these things.

I agree that Doug looked like he was about the be attacked by something.
those are the types of things that get everyone in the truck sceaming at each other for screwing up so badly....but on that one Doug should have been able to see a monitor that indicated he was still on camera (the pre-game stand-up should include something on the floor where the talent can see themselves....but I guess not in this particular situation).

kipin
02-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Seems like a great place to link this video.

http://collegehumor.com/?movie_id=110777

tribefan9
02-20-2005, 09:42 PM
TNT is on a roll, someone want to check Destiny's Childs' microphones? I am surprised they even sang it live.

ThaSaltCracka
02-20-2005, 09:54 PM
they were horrible.