PDA

View Full Version : Facing a Limp re-raise

TylerD
02-20-2005, 07:22 PM
$33 on PokerRoom. $25/50 blinds. EP limper (no read), I raise to $250 with JJ and ~2500 in MP, SB calls, EP re-raises all-in for about 2700 total. Your move?

skipperbob
02-20-2005, 09:25 PM
toss

willie
02-20-2005, 09:27 PM
fold

similar situation for me yesterday and sure enough the dude had aces, i just didn't believe him.

even less than aces you have to fear qq/kk or even ak.

i always tend to suspect someone is doing it with less than jacks but that rarely ends up being the case.

elsullio
02-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Most people seem to think this is a fold, but I'm not so sure. If you're going to fold JJ here, then what about QQ? I doubt too many people are going to be stupid enough to limp in with QQ or even AQ, so really you should be folding QQ in this position too because you fear the same 2 or 3 hands. I also think that the all in raise instead of just a large raise suggests that the person doesnt have Aces, but rather a mid pocket pair. If the player had raised to 600 or so, that would have been a much scarier call.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1769291&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Phil Van Sexton
02-20-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to fold JJ here, then what about QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't *know* he has AA in either example. I just think that AA is strong possiblitiy when I see a limp/reraise. He could have AK, KK, QQ, AQ, etc. With QQ, you don't have to worry about QQ or AQ/KQ like you do with JJ. This likely changes things to a call.

In the other example, there were 2 other players who seemed likely to call the allin also. They could have easily have AQ or KQ and hurt my chances with JJ even further.

Seadood228
02-20-2005, 10:42 PM
You'll be up against a smaller pair or junk more often than you think in a $33 SNG. Still, there are quite a few players that will make that move with a monster hand. Your in good chip position, which is more reason to fold.

You are going to fold the best hand here every once in a while, but in the long run I think folding here is +EV.

TylerD
02-21-2005, 01:26 PM
3 things turned this into a relativly easy fold IMO.

1. The caller in the SB, what's he cold calling with here?
2. My stack size, still got a large stack if I fold.
3. My hand is JJ, as opposed to QQ, if it were QQ I would have more hands to put him on that I beat.

I folded SB called. EP had AA, SB had AKs.

Big Limpin'
02-21-2005, 02:46 PM
In the case of pokerroom $33, i speak from experience, a limp-reraise is AA more often that it is all other hands combined. The players capable of representing AA in this manner on a steal are few and far between, and they chose not to risk their tourney on it this early. $11 might be a different story, the likelyhood of rags/underpair/A-low just going apeshit is there. But at $33, i'd have to muck JJ. If its not AA, its KK/AK.

And the SB coldcall correctly set off warning bells. JJ is NOT ahead of both villians hands.

Big Limpin'
Sipping an ice-cold Beck's,
Puffing a 10th letter.