PDA

View Full Version : Early in the Act III

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Foxwoods $420 + 30 Act III Super. 83 started, 6 get a buy-in to the NEPC $5,000 + 200 main event. 7-13 get another Act III seat, 14th gets like $300 (I forget the exact breakdown, but this is close).

To set things up, I have raised limpers twice in the last 3 hands and taken down the pot preflop. My antagonist in this hand limped both times and agonized over his decisions both times before folding.

Level 3, blinds are 75/150, 9-handed, about 74 left of the 83 who started. I have 3150 (starting stacks are 3000). I get A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO. Folded to me, I make it 450 to go. Button folds, SB folds, BB pushes all-n. I have him covered by 1000.

Easy decision?

My action and results later.

MLG
02-20-2005, 06:11 PM
easy decision. hope it wasn't a coinflip. if it was i hope you won.

Jurollo
02-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Easy call for me, maybe I am just not good enough to see why you should fold this. His move looks a lot like TT-QQ, maybe AQs or something like that, depending on how bad the player was.
~Justin

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-20-2005, 07:24 PM
His move looks a lot like TT-QQ, maybe AQs or something like that, depending on how bad the player was.

I disagree. If I put him on a range of hands that narrow, it would be a pretty tough call for 2/3 of my chips.

In his book, Dan Harrington stresses how you have to have a read on everyone at your table, including yourself. In other words, what do they think of you?

In this case, the BB has to think "LAG bully" when I raise his big blind after raising hands he's limped 2 out of the last three. I decided that I most likely had him dominated more than half the time, figuring he might push with Ax where x>7 and almost any pair.

I called pretty quickly (which shocked the table) and was in great shape when he flipped over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the flop came 3 small cards with only one heart. Unfortunately, the turn and river were both hearts and I was crippled.

I managed to stay alive for a couple of more levels, but finally went out 57/83.

I was philosophical about it until an hour or so later, when in an Act II I called a 5x bb raise on the button with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (BB called, too). The flop came A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, the preflop raiser (had me covered) pushed, I called and he showed A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Redemption? Not quite. The turn and river were both clubs and I decided that heading back up I-95 to play with my grandson would be better for my state of mind than another Staellite. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif