PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Omaha beta out

Rudbaeck
02-20-2005, 05:32 PM
PokerTracker Omaha Beta (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3703) can be found on the official PT site. Way to Ptrack Mike! Supports Hi as well as Hi/Lo on Party, Stars and Paradise.

Tournament support and other sites are still in the works.

Shamelessly crossposting this with the software forum.

IronDragon1
02-20-2005, 05:41 PM
This is teh excellent.

Thanks for the heads up

BlueBear
02-20-2005, 09:02 PM
This is fantastic news. Good job, ptrack mike!

Cleveland Guy
02-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I guess this means I finally have to break down and buy this thing huh?

Didn't seem much use to me when I was playing 90% PLO.

donkeyradish
02-21-2005, 11:37 AM
I haven't looked yet but this sounds very interesting & long overdue.

stone_7
02-21-2005, 01:00 PM
The Beta version seems to be free and I successfully imported more than the 1000 hands that you canusually import with the "Trial Version" So you don't need to fork out that $55 just yet. ALso I noticed that because there are so many more starting hands in Omaha it is hard to track your play of a single hand because the most I have gotten any single hand is 3 times over 5k hands (I know a small sample) but if this persists when I am at 100K hands I will only have seen it 60 times and most other hands I have seen only 1x so I would expect only 20 times.

Fianlly what should my VPIP be? It is at 40% which seems high but in Omaha the starting hands seem to run together in value so this is not as big a leak as in HE because I am never dominated before the flop. Assuming that I am playing well postflop is this a reasonable #?

I also noticed that my Aggression preflop is almost 0 I play this way given what I have said above. I know I should raise more PF but I only seem to do it when I have a double suited hand with aces, kings or an ace and a king. Should I be raising preflop with 7 8 9 9 suited or other similar hands?

beset7
02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I think 40% vpip is probably fine depending on the game.

Has anyone gotten PTO to work with gametime+? posted this on the PT forum and in the O8 forum and received no responses...

Beset7

sammy_g
02-22-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ALso I noticed that because there are so many more starting hands in Omaha it is hard to track your play of a single hand because the most I have gotten any single hand is 3 times over 5k hands (I know a small sample) but if this persists when I am at 100K hands I will only have seen it 60 times and most other hands I have seen only 1x so I would expect only 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's quite a sentence there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been using the filter feature to check my results for groups of hands. It's pretty easy to filter for holdings like AAxx.

beset7
02-22-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ALso I noticed that because there are so many more starting hands in Omaha it is hard to track your play of a single hand because the most I have gotten any single hand is 3 times over 5k hands (I know a small sample) but if this persists when I am at 100K hands I will only have seen it 60 times and most other hands I have seen only 1x so I would expect only 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's quite a sentence there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been using the filter feature to check my results for groups of hands. It's pretty easy to filter for holdings like AAxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the filter feature is nice. But, apparently (I just read this on the PTO forum), there is a bug in the filtuer feature where the same hands will come up more then once, just re-arranged (i.e. AAQJ xyxy, AQAJ xxyy, if you were looking for AAxx double-suited). I guess that's why it's a beta version.

bobbyi
02-22-2005, 08:18 PM
So it is a completely separate program from holdem PT? This means that I can't keep holdem and omaha in the same db? If I am playing simultaneously at a holdem and an omaha table, can I have hand histories from both being imported from my hard drive into both PTs?

ptrack mike
02-22-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the filter feature is nice. But, apparently (I just read this on the PTO forum), there is a bug in the filtuer feature where the same hands will come up more then once

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to let you guys know a NEW beta is available that addresses this issue. Thanks 2+2ers for helping me test the application.

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3703

Mike

ptrack mike
02-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Yes, PTO and PTH (formerly known as PT) use separate databases, but you should be able to load hands into both at the same time. Feel free to try it out and let me know if you have any issues with it.

omahafeedback@pokertracker.com

Thanks,
Mike