PDA

View Full Version : TT Hand with Action Galore ( Party $100NL 6max)

TrailofTears
02-20-2005, 04:22 PM
OK, so I had this hand yesterday and really didn't know about a lot of it...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($366.6)
Button ($84)
Hero ($288.2)
BB ($96.4)
UTG ($14.1)
MP ($120.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $14.10 (All-In), MP calls $14.10, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) calls $39, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($110.20) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $45</font>, CO calls $45.

Turn: ($200.20) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $100</font>, CO calls $60.

River: ($400.20) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero calls $103.20 (All-In), CO calls $103.20.

Final Pot: $606.60

My main points of concern are:

1) PF call. Is this a call or a fold? It could obviously be a BPP or a high ace trying to isolate, and yet I am out of position. This is where my uncertainty began.

2) How much do I bet on the flop here? I was prepared to fold to a raise, and didn't want to put too much money in in case that happened.

3) When the third ten hits on the turn, what should have been my line, or was it okay? Do I need to just push here to protect against the flush or is my raise enough? My rationale was that I was way ahead and wanted to commit him so he couldn't fold on the river, but then...

4) When the flush comes through on the river, how do you guys play it? His flop smooth-call, combined with his small bet and then call on the turn seemed like he might be playing the heart draw, but I wasn't sure and didn't want it to get checked through for a hand like AA or KK. Should I have just checked here?

Thanks in advance for your help on this one. Results to come...

- Trail

tbach24
02-20-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) PF call. Is this a call or a fold? It could obviously be a BPP or a high ace trying to isolate, and yet I am out of position. This is where my uncertainty began.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a muck because as you said you are out of position and very likely drawing to 2 outs. There's also 4 sets of overcards you won't like (J-A).

[ QUOTE ]
2) How much do I bet on the flop here? I was prepared to fold to a raise, and didn't want to put too much money in in case that happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

These type of hands where you are out of position with this type of hand where you think you might be good but are out of position and you have to deal with a side-pot are the most difficult. I think that your bet is fine. If he has a better hand he'll let you know with a raise, and if he has AKh you're giving him close odds to draw so he won't raise. I actually prefer checking, you want to keep the pot small. Playing with a decent overpair out of position, one of your main concerns is not building a large pot.

[ QUOTE ]
3) When the third ten hits on the turn, what should have been my line, or was it okay? Do I need to just push here to protect against the flush or is my raise enough? My rationale was that I was way ahead and wanted to commit him so he couldn't fold on the river, but then...

[/ QUOTE ]

When you raise here, you need to push. I actually would've open-pushed the turn (bad?). You want to go to the felt, and he might not fold an overpair or a heart draw with overs.

[ QUOTE ]
4) When the flush comes through on the river, how do you guys play it? His flop smooth-call, combined with his small bet and then call on the turn seemed like he might be playing the heart draw, but I wasn't sure and didn't want it to get checked through for a hand like AA or KK. Should I have just checked here?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what you should've been trying to avoid. FWIW I am pushing this river in case he has AA-QQ and decides to call. JJ is a decent possibility too.

Small overpairs out of position are difficult, especially against a lot of action. You commited 1/7 of your stack pre-flop, something you don't want to be doing with this hand.

MyMindIsGoing
02-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I would have folded preflop. You only have $1 invested and are out of pos with a not so strong hand after an all in and an isolation raise.

But once on the flop I would bet out half the pot as an defencive bet, if I get raised I will fold. When that T hit you on turn I would push the rest of my stack in. If I don't get called, it wont matter. I will win the pot most of the times plus you also protect against a flushdraw or higher set, in case he has AK of hearts or a higher pocket pair than you. I don't think the checkraise was a good play here, if you checkraise you should have gone all in. Now if he has a flushdraw he gets good price for the draw. I would checkcall this river in this situation. I suspect he hit the river with either JJ or AK/AQ of hearts.

Siawyn
02-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Preflop: Muck. You are out of position, and a LOT of flops are going to be bad for you.

Flop: I might have bet a little more..you are definitely letting AK of hearts draw nicely at you here for example.

Turn: Forget the check raise here. Bet right out.. preferably the pot size.. and since that's close enough to your stack, just go all-in here.

River: I think you have to push this. You cannot fold here, and if you check then an overpair just might check behind you as well.

zaxx19
02-20-2005, 06:50 PM
you called 40XBB oop preflop with 10 10....is their a reason you did this??

If you were just thinking you had the best hand why not push and pick up a huge pot preflop...I just dont get whats going on preflop here.

TrailofTears
02-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Okay, thanks guys for the responses. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I felt out of place on every street and for good reason. I should have just dropped it PF, but I was being stubborn and just couldn't let go of the tens (why, I have no idea, I was just being an ass.) I pretty much butchered every part of this hand, but lucked out and saw QQ from villain, and AJ from the original pusher. Ironically, I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that I cold-called the re-raise PF OOP which scared the villain into thinking I had a much better hand than I did (AA or KK), as I should have to make that kind of a move. Anyways, thanks again. I needed to be told off a bit.

- Trail

TrailofTears
02-20-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you called 40XBB oop preflop with 10 10....is their a reason you did this??

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only 20BB, but your point is still very valid and the cards should have gone in the muck without a second thought.

TheWorstPlayer
02-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Nah, this was on Party where no bad move goes unrewarded. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif