PDA

View Full Version : KQ in BB, rag flop

nickg1532
02-20-2005, 03:08 PM
SB seems like a decent player (at least by .50/1 standards). I think he's capable of bluff/semibluff raising me and then leading out on the river if he thinks I'm weak. Not much of a read on the rest of the table.

Normally I raise KQ from anywhere if it hasn't already been raised, but out of position with a lot of limpers after me I decided to just check. This may be wrong though. Should I be raising here?

After nobody showed any strength on the flop I bet out on the turn because: 1) there's a chance (however small) I can pick the pot up with a bet and 2) If I can get any Ace High's to fold, I might be able to head into the river with the best hand even if I'm called.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (8 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

topspin
02-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Trying to steal a 3BB pot by bluffing at 5 opponents doesn't seem like a good risk/reward ratio to me.

TwoShedsJackson
02-20-2005, 03:59 PM
If you're going to bet do it on the flop to try and get some other overcards to fold, betting the turn into five players with a pair and a flush draw on there is not a good idea.

TheHybrid144
02-20-2005, 05:34 PM
This pot isn't worth taking a shot at. It may be a little bit different if you had an A and were in position since you could still have the best hand there. But you have KQ and are out of position so, in this case, you should check and hope it gets checked through and you can pick up a Q. Betting this into all of these players is probably very costly.

You probably also have a question on your river play? I wouldn't raise him here, even if you think he is player who will take shots at you. You gain an extra bet sometimes if you are ahead of another 2pair but you definitely lose 2 most of the time against trips. If he is particularly tricky, you could lose 1 if he has KK or AA. I'd call this river.

nickg1532
02-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Good advice all around. I agree that I was too aggressive on both the turn and river; I think I was tilting a lil bit at this point, although I didn't realize it at the time. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Anyways, villain shows 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHING

mmbt0ne
02-20-2005, 07:37 PM
When the villian is willing to take a chance of letting his hand get checked through on the turn (especially somewhere like this where there has been no aggression), and then raises it when it gets back around to him, it generally means he has a monster.

I fold to the check-raise, but if I'm going to showdown, I definitely don't raise the river.