PDA

View Full Version : Assumption, horrible or not?

yellowjack
02-20-2005, 02:46 PM
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Tried to start some multiway action for a single bet, but I'll call for 2 more bets in a 5 way pot.

Flop: (16 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Bingo bango bongo. I put MP1 and MP2 on AK/AQ, respectively. Anyhow it's clear to me that they both only have a single ace.

Turn: (17 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls $0.50 (All-In), BB calls $0.20 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

More trouble for the guy with AK, but puts a diamond flush on the board. SB and BB have been extremely passive but are almost allin, so I'll need to bet more on the river to compensate for any losses.

River: (30.40 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 2 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flat call puts me in the lead here I think, unless they fear a straight/flush with one of their AA in which I would lose.

Final Pot: 33.40 BB

toss
02-20-2005, 03:40 PM
It looks good. I'd probably just check the river though.

tytygoodnuts
02-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Don't assume one or two possible hands like that. Against poor players you can't narrow their holding down that specific. Well played though.

Nick Royale
02-20-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bingo bango bongo. I put MP1 and MP2 on AK/AQ, respectively. Anyhow it's clear to me that they both only have a single ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's very likely, but I don't see a reason to assume no one (MP2) holds AA. Do you? If I would play AA in the position of MP2 I would also 3-bet the flop.

The play of MP1 is sketchy. Would he play AA or KK this way? No, he would cap preflop and probably fold the flop. AK? Maybe, but in that case he's overplaying post flop.

Range of hands (in order of likelyness):
MP1: AK KK AQ
MP2: AK AA

Would be nice to know what they had later...

yellowjack
02-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Aren't we not supposed to be results-oriented? =P

MP1 had AJo, MP2 had AKo
SB and BB had nothing

I guess I got really lucky in my "gamble".

Nick Royale
02-20-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 had AJo, MP2 had AKo

[/ QUOTE ]
Intressting. I smelled some disperacy over the play of MP1 (that's why I added the unlogical hand AQ). The hand MP2 held was expected.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I got really lucky in my "gamble".

[/ QUOTE ]
Your read was nice. Most likely both MP1 and MP2 hold at least one ace. Since there's one ace on the board the chance that one of them held 2 were low. I like your play but I would probably just check/call the river. Since the chance MP1 or MP2 had a flush or set were low bet/calling is probably better though.

DeathDonkey
02-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Well played, but I would have definitely checked the flop to checkraise. Absolutely bet the river as I noticed someone say check.

-DeathDonkey

Shillx
02-20-2005, 04:59 PM
How do you put them on AK/AQ on this flop? Why can't they have AA??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, check the flop with the intention of raising. Rest seems okay.

Brad

Entity
02-20-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you put them on AK/AQ on this flop? Why can't they have AA??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't both have AA, Brad. Obviously a checkraise here is correct, but once both of these nutsos go crazy on both the flop and the turn, it's unlikely we're looking at AA.