PDA

View Full Version : Rounded off bet sizes...???

Big Limpin'
02-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Lets say someone makes a good-sized bet at the pot, and you feel like you have a decent hand. When the action comes to you, you think, think more, hem and haw, its 50/50 to muck or call...and then you notice something.

The villian bet some wierd amount, like 645 or something, but that leaves his stack remaining at a nice round number. I know this wasnt an accident. Sub-conciously or not, the villian thought about it.

I dont know how to interpret this.

Did he think: oh, i'd like to push a nice round number, like 1000 on the river. Which im going to do, regardless. Strong hand.

Or was he thinking: Well, damn, i have to take a stab at this pot, but i can still fold, i'm leaving out 1000 chips, so i can still play the next hands.

Has anyone had success finding out which is more likely?

eastbay
02-20-2005, 03:00 PM
I think it probably tells you more about how neat the guy keeps his room than it does anything about his cards or play.

eastbay

Apathy
02-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Exactly, its best to ignore the weird bet sizes all together and focus on what you would do if he bet 600 if that makes you more comfortable.

Many players just do this all the time, or whenever they think about doing it, not for strategical purposes, unless of course that strategy is to put you to a harder decision which it appears to have done.