PDA

View Full Version : Two problems with this hand

cookie
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

SB rated callstation with 186 hands

I should just bet and raise with my 2 pairs right?

Is it the right play to choose to call down after the raise?

It was my first hand...

spydog
02-20-2005, 01:32 PM
With the lack of draws on the flop, small pot, and a very strong unvulnerable hand, I just go for overcalls on the flop and raise the turn.

After a loose passive checkraises the turn, I'm going into call down mode. This usually means trips or KQ.

brettbrettr
02-20-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the lack of draws on the flop, small pot, and a very strong unvulnerable hand, I just go for overcalls on the flop and raise the turn.

After a loose passive checkraises the turn, I'm going into call down mode. This usually means trips or KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I would not slow play this at all. I think in fact I'd play it exactly the same as hero.

Spartan1983
02-20-2005, 01:36 PM
You really need to take the time to read some other posts on here and not post multiple hand histories. Most hands have been rehashed numerous times if you take the time to read through the posts. When you post so many hands in such a short time it takes away from what the board is trying to accomplish. Search "clarkmeister" for the last couple of days. He posts a lot better reasoning for this than myself. good luck.

cookie
02-20-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really need to take the time to read some other posts on here and not post multiple hand histories. Most hands have been rehashed numerous times if you take the time to read through the posts. When you post so many hands in such a short time it takes away from what the board is trying to accomplish. Search "clarkmeister" for the last couple of days. He posts a lot better reasoning for this than myself. good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try the search...

The reason for me posting pretty many hands is that I think that is the best way to learn, and this specifically hand i thought was important to me because of the pocket pairs...

I'll try to post less hands, but cant promise anything /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

HF

brettbrettr
02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll try to post less hands, but cant promise anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to give you feedback, but....

cookie
02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll try to post less hands, but cant promise anything