PDA

View Full Version : Bad raise on river?...... results to follow

deadmunny
02-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Sb is a Tag, and looking at this now I should have raised the flop and bet the turn(Funny how it seems so obvious after looking at the post), but I just had a feeling he had caught 2 pair, anyway thoughts on the river raise please.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Regards D

spydog
02-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Flop call looks fine to me. I only raise with overcards if I can force people out of the pot. You can't here, so you might as well call and hope you improve on the turn.

You need to raise this turn. It's likely that everyone is on a draw and you need to make them pay on the turn because they will fold the river if they miss.

River raise looks good, but too late. I'm not capping here, either.

LAGmaniac
02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
I see nothing wrong with just calling the flop but I think you should have raised the turn because of the draws out there. You won't be able to get that raise in when they miss on the river. To answer your original question, no the river raise is not bad it's mandatory here IMO.

Spartan1983
02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
The majority of the time I'm raising this flop. Definately raising the turn, villains reaction will dictate my river action.

einbert
02-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Against this many people I'm usually just calling this flop. Raising isn't bad either, but I usually feel like the chances are greater of me getting 3-bet than getting a free card.

You should definitely have raised the turn. Why didn't you, with TPTK against a pretty big field with a coordinated board? You have to charge them to draw to whatever.

Since you didn't do so, the raise on the river was necessary. I would've just called the 3-bet as well.

The raise on the river wasn't bad at all, only street I disagree with is the turn.

deadmunny
02-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Sb had Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif and my hand is toast.

Thanks for the comments,

Regards D

krishanleong
02-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Call the flop, raise the turn.

Since you didn't, raise the river call a 3-bet is perfect.

Krishan