PDA

View Full Version : What to drink? Now in poll format!

Freakin
02-20-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm stuck at work, it's 8:45 AM, and I'm tired and kinda hungover. I'm going to fall asleep if I don't do something quick. I have at my disposal a drink fridge full of gatorade, redbull, Monster enegery drink, pop, water, and juice. And there's a big cabinet full of a variety of tea. What should I drink? Note: this is all free, so price is not a factor.

Freakin

Alobar
02-20-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

red bull.....this is so easy it shouldnt even require a post, you must be seriously hung over

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously...a poll, AFTER I already gave you the correct answer? *shakes head* /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Corey
02-20-2005, 01:05 PM
My thoughts from the other post:

Problem is caffeine is a diuretic and I have found does nothing to really cure a hangover. That being said, you need the short-term energy so I suggest the gatorade for the hangover and short, frequent walks to keep your blood flowing. You're going to be terribly unproductive today and no amount of caffeine will cure this, so you might as well do what you can to feel better.

Freakin
But I had to make sure.... besides, what do you know, your anus is bleeding! I think i'll porbaby wind up with redbull AND gatorade/water.

b

pshreck
what the hell is pop?

Freakin
02-20-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is pop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people who are different from me.

Freakin

pshreck
02-20-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is pop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Say it with me.... SOOOOODUHHHHH.

What exactly are the states/places that still call it pop? Can't be that many, no nationally advertised soda commercial ever uses the term.

Freakin
02-20-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is pop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Say it with me.... SOOOOODUHHHHH.

What exactly are the states/places that still call it pop? Can't be that many, no nationally advertised soda commercial ever uses the term.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Seattle, and both my parents are from the east coast. So I don't know where I get what I say. My mother always called tennis shoes "Sneakers" which never seemed odd until recently. I don't know if I'm supposed to say 'bag' or 'sack'. Half the time I say soda, half the time I say pop... I don't think I ever get weird looks in Seattle for saying pop, so maybe thats the word we use over here.

Freakin

Jack of Arcades
02-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Pop is still a very popular term (http://www.popvssoda.com/)

pshreck
02-20-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pop is still a very popular term (http://www.popvssoda.com/)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, haha, the funniest by far is Coke. I remember my dad telling me about Houston restaurants where if you want a Sprite, you can actually order a "coke". Now that is funny.

I have said sneakers my whole life in the northeast, but tennis shoes is also acceptable.

Freakin
02-20-2005, 01:27 PM
wooohoo!!! I win

Freakin
02-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Well, two redbulls later, I'm starting to feel alright. I'm gonna drink some gatorade to replenish my electrolytes... I think I'm ready to play some poker!

Freakin

pshreck
02-20-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wooohoo!!! I win

[/ QUOTE ]

That map is SOOO misleading. Look at almost all the major cities, coastlines, AKA places where the majority of the population are. They all say soda. Population wise, soda easily dominates.

Jack of Arcades
02-20-2005, 01:34 PM
I believe it's called Coke because of the major coke plant in Atlanta.

pshreck
02-20-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe it's called Coke because of the major coke plant in Atlanta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I realize its regional and am just poking fun. Its the exact same thing as calling a tissue a kleenex... I just think its funny because there are about 5 popular flavors of soda, and to call all of them coke...

Freakin
Look at the actual statistics numbers. Soda was beat by Pop.

Freakin

tbach24
Chug the red bull then get coffee/iced coffee and sip on that. You will be fully awake and feeling good in no time.

Jack of Arcades
02-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, because NOBODY lives in Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Texas, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas....

Jack of Arcades
02-20-2005, 01:46 PM
US Statistics. (http://www.popvssoda.com/stats/USA.html)

Pop slightly outnumbers Soda. The difference is probably statistically insigificant.

Matty
02-21-2005, 02:32 AM
I've always called it "soda pop" ..

manpower
02-21-2005, 03:42 AM
I've always found it strange how much crap you can get for calling it by the wrong name, and don't think you won't hear about if you say 'pop' anywhere in new england.

AncientPC
02-21-2005, 04:25 AM
Soda vs Pop (http://www.popvssoda.com/)
http://www.popvssoda.com/images/smalldrawn.gif

Freakin
02-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Man, leave it to a bunch of poker players to think about the long term. While redbull was the obvious choice for an immediate pick-me-up, as a diuretic it was obviously -EV for the dehydration and related headache. Gatorade (the #1 choice) does not have any immediate positive effects, but would have replenished vital electrolytes and fluids. I guess it was close though.... I was quite suprised by the overall results of the poll.

Freakin

pshreck
02-21-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've always found it strange how much crap you can get for calling it by the wrong name, and don't think you won't hear about if you say 'pop' anywhere in new england.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its stupid that I care, but I think its this reason: People who use the term pop, dont use it as a nickname or alternate term for soda, but as the real term. To me its like insisting the correct term for house is 'crib', as opposed to just slang. We have to stop pop now.

shadow29
02-21-2005, 01:13 PM
It's called Coke.

If I order a Coke I get asked what kind.

If I want a "Coke" I order "Coca Cola".

We laugh at anyone who calls it anything but Coke here.

pshreck
02-21-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's called Coke.

If I order a Coke I get asked what kind.

If I want a "Coke" I order "Coca Cola".

We laugh at anyone who calls it anything but Coke here.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you do see why this is funny right? Coke is a brand, a flavor, of SODA.

Do you seriously say "I want a Coke, make it a Pepsi."? That's crazy.