PDA

View Full Version : To agresive with quads?

cookie
02-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Should I have played this one more passively, i figured that i could get people to call down because of the size of the pot, but well it only semi succeeded... so Im not sure i played it the right way...

Nick C
02-20-2005, 09:58 AM
This is fine. You got two people to call you down the whole way when you had their hands crushed.

I guess maybe you could check at some point (on the turn, maybe?) and hope MP2 decides to bet aces up, if that's what he has.

But I think what you did is better.

It's unfortunate that no one to your right decided to raise or checkraise you with an ace or even a pocket pair, but sometimes when you have a monster, you will encounter such raises.

krishanleong
02-20-2005, 10:29 AM
No, you played it fine. Just unlucky noone raised you with an ace. If I had an ace on that board I would have raised you.

Krishan

TripleH68
02-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Just bet it. If you check-raise successfully you will likely stop everyone and maybe even make less on the hand.

deadmunny
02-20-2005, 02:25 PM
There are alot of posts re: "Did I play my Quads correctly" IMHO You played it fine I know some will say check the flop and look for a C/R on the turn but with these monsters Its not about how you play its more if another player has a hand to go along with you, in this hand probably a weak Ace called you down...... and these happen so infrequently, just bet out and hope someone raises you.

Regards D