PDA

View Full Version : 99 five handed PP 10+1

Barrett's Last Privateer
02-20-2005, 07:26 AM
G'day folks,

The correct action here may be obvious.
I may suck at SNGs.
Any advice appreciated!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t4150)
SB (t1230)
Hero (t665)
UTG (t1305)
MP (t650)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t100</font>, Button calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero?

jcolter
02-20-2005, 07:35 AM
In my opinion it depends on a couple of factors. I'm not thrilled with reraising in this position, as a couple of overcards is not really what you want to see.

On the other hand you didn't say what the blinds were at this point. Perhaps you had no choice?

jcolter
02-20-2005, 07:39 AM
sorry you did say what the blinds were (my mistake). I this case I would probably have thrown the 99s away.

GimmeDaWatch
02-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Ummmmm, folding 99 here in the BB for 50 more chips is unthinkable to me. The real question is whether or not to flat call, or to move in and try to take the chips that are on the table right now. I tend to play a little more conservatively until the blinds get up to 100, so I would most likely just call, and hope to flop a set or overpair, although I dont think moving in is all that bad, and may very well be the correct play. The problem to me is that I see alot of players in these sitngos min-raising w/big pairs and if thats the case here youre completely trapped, and I dont think youre too likely to be called by a hand you dominate. Soooooo, I would smooth call and see what develops, as its cheap and cant hurt you too much if you dont like the flop.