PDA

View Full Version : Chip lead bubble play

TheAmp
02-20-2005, 06:36 AM
This is from a 50+5 party SNG.

realize that my raise is the worse option here.

The question is would you push or fold?

How aggressive should the chip leader be on the bubble?

(He had J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1915)
UTG (t2175)
Hero (t3670)
SB (t2240)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t500.

Flop: (t1750) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1115 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1115.

Turn: (t3980) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t3980) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3980

raptor517
02-20-2005, 06:53 AM
you should simply push, not make it 800

lorinda
02-20-2005, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Slider-Man, Slider-Man,
bets whatever the slider can,
what's he got? why d'ya care,
they cannot call, they wouldn't dare.
Woooohoooo, it's the Slider-Man

He gets abused, called a fool,
accused of wasting the slider tool,
does he use his guile and wit?
not at all, says "F that S"
woooooohooooo, fear the slider-man.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

GimmeDaWatch
02-20-2005, 08:07 AM
I disagree with the push here for a couple of reasons. One, you have the sort of hand that is more or less worse for pushing with (if you want to be a bully maniac) than a hand like T9, b/c if you get called, there's a very high probability you're dominated. True, they dont have alot of hands they want to call you with, but any hand that does is probably a bigger ace or a pair so you're drawing to 3 outs. Second, the other stacks arent that short and if they double through you your chances of placing are seriously jeopardized, but as it is you're looking really good. Perhaps some people will disagree with me here, but Ive come to really abhor small aces in these spots lately for the reasons mentioned above, I much prefer I pure bluff push from the SB than a small ace push from the button.

TheAmp
02-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi,
I totally agree with you.

I have been thinking about this hand for a few hours. If I am called I am either dominated By a better Ace or a big underdog versus any pocket pair. Not worth the risk.

Even if a KQ calls I am not happy - I simply don't need to gamble here. Much better for me to wait until someone is knocked out - I will be in the money with a tight table image (most people expect the chip leader to be aggressive). Then I can start pushing hands like these, and worse hands as well.

Clear fold pre-flop. All-in would probably be correct with A-9 A-K , 66-QQ. Perhaps with KK AA just raise to get a call versus weak hands.

As for my call on the flop - it's just as bad. The guy is putting all his chips in there, after calling my raise. If he has an Ace I am beat. If he has The flush, I am dead. The best I can hope for is that he is drawing to a flush that would beat my flush.

Clear fold on flop as well.

Poor play with a key hand.

Dumb Dumb Amplifier