PDA

View Full Version : JTo -- This is a "Why I love Party Poker hand," I guess (no content)

Nick C
02-20-2005, 06:09 AM
This is the wrong forum, but I do contribute here occasionally (so please don't be too harsh), and I just had to share.

I was new at the table, but I had managed to figure out that the BB was at least a semi-maniac. I didn't know just how LAGgy he was, though, until this hand:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="#0000FF">BB paused quite a while when it was his turn, and I was thinking, "Why in the world did I limp with JTo with him still to act?" But then he just checked, and I was relieved.</font>

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

<font color="0000FF">I considered raising here, actually, but decided against it. This may have been a mistake. Beyond potential free card considerations (lessened somewhat when facing a LAG), there is this: Versus BB, it was quite possible I had 10 outs, plus my backdoor flush, and raising might have strengthened my potential pair outs.

The rest of the hand is pretty simple.</font>

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 4s 6d (one pair, sixes).
Hero has Jd Ts (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB. </font>

I guess if there's something to be learned from this hand (since we don't always hold the nuts), it's that raise-fold lines should be used with caution.

Postscript: For some reason, after this hand, the rest of the table let BB win the next four pots or so uncontested.