PDA

View Full Version : AKo vs. a maniac?

KaiShin
02-20-2005, 05:05 AM
Game is Cryptologic $1/$2.

The table is loose, with the Villain a LAP, VPIP 89, PFR 44, plays every hand.

Preflop: Hero is button with Ah Kd.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, <font color="blue">Villain calls</font>, MP3 calls, 1 fold,<font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="blue">Villain calls</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: 9s, 3d, 9d
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Villain bets, MP3 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Villain calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: 7h
UTG+1 checks,<font color="blue"> Villain bets </font>,<font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, UTG+1 calls,<font color="blue"> Villain calls </font>.

River: Th
UTG+1 checks,<font color="blue"> Villain checks </font>,<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, UTG+1 folds,<font color="blue"> Villain calls </font>.

Final pot: 33.25BB

Should I have slowed down at any point? Other comments?

jaxUp
02-20-2005, 06:46 AM
LAP means he's passive postflop. If you insist on showing down here, I would calldown after the first SnG. You have no reason to respect his preflop raises, but his SnGs on turn and river deserve some merit IMO. Just wait for a pair and then feed it to this guy.

btspider
02-20-2005, 11:59 AM
check the river. you tried to fold UTG+1 on the turn. he has something he wants to showdown (or a draw, which you beat).

KaiShin
02-20-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check the river. you tried to fold UTG+1 on the turn. he has something he wants to showdown (or a draw, which you beat).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I realized this mistake right after I made it.

I tend to overplay my AKs badly, its like my brain shuts down when I'm dealt them.

Villain showed down Jd 7d for the two pair.

Redd
02-20-2005, 01:44 PM
If this guy is passive post-flop, and he's betting into your ace-high on the turn, I let it go. The way it played out, you gotta check behind on the riv, because the only hands that call your bet will beat you.