PDA

View Full Version : Learning to lay down hands

kt421
02-20-2005, 02:27 AM
So, I'm working on not chasing when I think I'm far behind. Fairly passive table, but I haven't been on long. How'd I play it? Too weak, or good fold?
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Nick C
02-20-2005, 02:43 AM
Possibly BB just picked up a draw here, with something like Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, or maybe he has something like Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and his draw just improved. But he did just bet into two people, including a PFR who might like the ace. I think most likely BB has top pair or even aces up (and doesn't want to checkraise because he's scared of getting 3-bet by a flush). Or maybe he has a flush and is worried the turn will get checked through.

Anyway, the pot is fairly small still, and you're not closing the action either. Once in awhile you'll go on to discover you folded with the best hand, but I think the turn fold is fine.

Reef
02-20-2005, 04:13 AM
he did bet out of position into 2 players (including a pfr) - you mentioned it was a passive table. The A or 3-flush didn't scare him at all. I'm thinking you're behind here. I curse and fold.

rmarotti
02-20-2005, 05:23 AM
Raise. Review Miller's thoughts on unexpected bets on 4th street.

sthief09
02-20-2005, 08:30 AM
I would have raised for a free showdown. I'm not sure I would have taken the free showdown though. I think raising is clearly best here though.

Nick C
02-20-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised for a free showdown. I'm not sure I would have taken the free showdown though. I think raising is clearly best here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think BB has?

chesspain
02-20-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that Miller's live opponents on average are way more LAG than passive, online 2/4 players.

sthief09
02-20-2005, 09:22 AM
A, pair plus flush draw, naked K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, or top pair on the flop. if it was the flop with an A and 3 of a suit I might fold, beacuse your equity is much lower, having to dodge the flush twice. but on the turn, your equity is about double that. if you get 3-bet, or the river is a /images/graemlins/spade.gif and you get bet into again, I'd fold.

splashpot
02-20-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can I read this? Is it in one of his post or SSH? If SSH, what chapter?

Nick C
02-20-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A, pair plus flush draw, naked K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, or top pair on the flop. if it was the flop with an A and 3 of a suit I might fold, beacuse your equity is much lower, having to dodge the flush twice. but on the turn, your equity is about double that. if you get 3-bet, or the river is a /images/graemlins/spade.gif and you get bet into again, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, top pair on the flop is something I should have considered, and I can see that BB might take a stab at the pot with it, even against two opponents, figuring he might be best, but whether he is or not, the ace in the flush suit is a pretty good scare card.